things to do in the area july 29-aug. 4

raz5551

Artisan
Traverse City Staff
Hi James here from traverse city chapter. I am coming over July 29 - august 4 and was hoping to get some suggestions on thing to do. I’m taking an anniversary trip / look at the area to see if we would like to live in Portland or around it. If anyone has sightseeing ideas that would be amazing. are hotel is the holiday inn 7205 ne 41st Vancouver, Washington just north of some bridges into Portland, at lest this is my understanding.

Welcome to coming to Portland. Depends upon what kind of sight-seeing you want to go on; Mt Hood and Ski Bowl Adventure Park is nice (concrete toboggan run, go garts, mountain bike trails, zip line), Pacific Coast is nice (Seaside is very touristy, Canon Beach is a bit more 'off the major path'), and then there is the various other stuff (Washington Park ss a nice sized park with arboretium and zoo; restaurants; stores). Portland itself is sort of a mix of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti.

Too bad you were not coming in Friday 27th. Seattle is having an event.

I am a Michigan native. Been out here since 99. Grew up S of Detroit, spent a few years in Gaylord, Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, and then Chicago)

The Chinese and Japanese gardens are also a usual spot to visit.

The touristy shops that everyone always visits are of course Voodoo doughnuts and Powells book store.

thank you for some great ideas this has been very helpful

its nice to see that you guys use your forum

Back