Those coming to Rivenside

Lurin

Duke
To those coming to Rivenside on the 25th Day of this Month,

Please be aware that we are unsure when the messanger from Crown Prince Talon will arrive and it may be quite late before he arrives to deliver his instructions. We don't currently offer an food services to travelers, so make sure to bring your own food and snacks, also be sure to check for a list of jobs in the area, the near-by mountain passes tend to be a haven for all sorts of critters that cause trouble.

Sergeant Ashton

Sounds like there might a few extra people in the area for once, I've got a small tavern down in Rivenside, its been locked up for just about a year though, not much business with all the caravans feeding themselves. It should be clean, dry, and has a fine kitchen, I supposed I'd be willing to rent it out for say, a gold or so, if anyone in the area wants to play inn keeper for a day...

Morris Duran

Goodman Duran,

I am traveling to meet with his Lordship, and would be willing to rent out your tavern, if you have not already rented it out as the price sounds fair. I will make sure that it is as clean as I found it!

I am assuming that there will be other travelers besides myself, and may consider serving my own meal. Do you know of a provisioner within the town of Rivenside that I may be able to acquire foodstufs from? Are there any taxes, etc. that I should be made aware of should I decide to sell food a drink?

I await your reply.

McGregor

McGregor,

I will make sure the good Sergeant has the keys then, as to taxes, you should not be required to pay any if you agree to donate some food to feed the kings men at the station as well without charging, I would not expect there to be more then a dozen in the area, and to be fair many of them tend to tip generously.

Morris Duran

I believe that to be a fair arrangement. However, you did not answer my question as to a provisioner. My pack is too full of ale to carry enough food to feed so many... If you do not have a recommendation, then I will post a wanted ad.

McGregor

McGregor,

Obviously I am not here to run your business, but surely you are passing by the city of Rosk on your way down to Rivenside, perhaps you could make arraignments there for provisions?

Morris Duran.

Back