Time Bomb?

Egor

Scout
I know I could make a crude in period divice but what would the rules be?

Would it be allowed?

I could have fun with that he he he! :cool:

Egor said:
I know I could make a crude in period divice but what would the rules be?

Would it be allowed?

I could have fun with that he he he! :cool:
well the major problem I see is you may need a marshal. Outside of that, I see a number of ways to have a time bomb in game, becouse of the ease that traps can be set off. (heck some of those mousetraps are time bomb all on their own as they sometimes just go off.)

In times past, simple count-down timers have been allowed, so long as you spend the requisite minute "setting the trap" before starting the timer. Its not excessive technology, and fits the requisites for preparing an audible trigger that can be disarmed (turned off).

Also, please note, marshals are only needed for certain situations:

• trapping someone else's residence (including the Earth Guild)
  • approving the trap design

jpariury said:
In times past, simple count-down timers have been allowed, so long as you spend the requisite minute "setting the trap" before starting the timer. Its not excessive technology, and fits the requisites for preparing an audible trigger that can be disarmed (turned off).

Also, please note, marshals are only needed for certain situations:

• trapping someone else's residence (including the Earth Guild)
  • approving the trap design
well I ment a marshal for approving it, and to answer the legalitys of that particuler way of doing a timer.

Kauss said:
well I ment a marshal for approving it, and to answer the legalitys of that particuler way of doing a timer.
Well there are various clockwork ways of doing it. I picked up a mini-grandfather clock mechanism that could be set to minute and hours at Value Village.

You can also buy a music box mechanism, and take out the pins except for the last one which makes the "ting"

You can find egg-timers at the thrift shops.

I've used several fun devices like this so that you can arm a trap and walk away yo see the "joy" of it going off in twenty minutes.

~Barry

I'm not sure (can't find the rulebook), but I seem to remember simple mechanical timers (like egg timers, I think) being given as an example of a valid "trigger" device, just like mousetraps. In any case, mechanical timers are OLD (grandfather clocks, et cetera), so they may well have existed in-period, although probably not specifically egg timers. ^_^

what about a device, which when attached to the bottom of a caravan, will detonate should the caravan ever slow down to a certain speed?

jpariury said:
You shall be flogged, sir. Although, if it scores a Sandra Bullock look-alike joining G's house, I guess I could allow it.

However plot will not allow this unless there is a Keanu Reeves look-a-like waiting in my cabin.

Awsome

I might start this charachter sooner he he funn.

Back