Time is almost up Prophetess

Byrne, you're playing a dangerous game. Though Winter Wind may appear in the form of a man, it is fae - you would be best not to fall into the ripples cast by its movement. You are correct in thinking it has "honour", but only in the strictest interpretation of the word. It does not have honour in the sense that it seeks to do right, enlighten, or bring about peace, growth, and stewardship - it has honour in that it fulfills the most direct and causal interpretation of its words, expressely formed contracts, or previously engaged rules of conduct or procedure. And, part of that conduct is the accumulation of more power, hence its willingness to seek more thralls, contracts, and conquests. Do not mistake "continuity" for "compassion".

More to the point, realize, Winter Wind is a force, not a mortal. It exists through eternity, living in the same way a mountain lives. Its physical presence might change, but it really is the energy of Winter's Wind - that which ushers closing of the season. This is not a title as the mortal "King of the Western Provinces" is a title, but an internal essence, unquenchable and unchanging.

Either way, know that it will not change, only you will be changed.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

I would have you refer to me as he rather than it. Please.

Lord Galleous

I volunteered to take Elysia's place, or do dhe bes' I could, because I love her and could nye bear to see her so unhappy. Now seems dhat I am unwanted by dhis Lord. T'is because I am but a churlish wanton, a mere fisher's daughter wit' somet'ing of a mystery tied to her blood but still too simple and too free.

I could nye take her place.

Elysia, my friend... I am so sorry.

Fortune And Love,

~Marcey

Dearest Lord,

I of course believe you mean me no ill, and that you did not have a hand in the situations that have se me toward the state I find myself in these days. I am quite wide-eyed on the subject, and I know that in the end it is my own failing that has gotten me here. I appreciate your kindness and patience, for I know I do not often make it easy for you.

Am I willing to concede the point? This is such a vague question. Do I concede that you were right? People will always dissapoint you? Break your heart? Take your help and then turn on you?

Or do I concede the fact that time is almost up and you and I had a deal? That I either allow you to freeze the town, or find you a bride?

These days, I'm not sure I have a fast-and-sure answer for either.

Marcena, it is fine. I'll find someone. No worries. I suspect it has more to do with your limited years as a mortal creature than your parentage. Don't get yourself all worked up over it.

Kevar, I appreciate your help and kindness. Do not involve yourself in this. I do care about you immensely, and would hate to see you caught up in this mess. It will be fine; one way or another.

Dramthin, why must you continue down this path? It only seems to further put a rift between yourself and the Lord.

Perhaps the two of you should still meet, and try and work out your differences. This bickering is not worthwhile.

Yes or no?

The former dear child, the former.

Lord Galleous of Winter Wind

Prophetess - I am, as before, willing to accompany you to any meeting you plan to have with Winter Wind. I tell you now, I feel there is nothing to resolve between Winter Wind and I beyond my hope for the completion and cessation of overt Fae intrusion in the region. I have no particular gripe with this Fae Lord excepting as the direct object representing Fae disruption, the same hesitation and resistance I would have with any Fae.

However, conversation and expansion of knowledge often leads to enlightenment, so I will to listen respectfully to anything said.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Then, dear Dramthin, it's settled.

I'll arrange for a meeting between the two of you on the next market day. Yes?

I assure you, Galleous will be on his best behavior.

I say this because it is almost certain he will still be in bright spirits from my capitulation and concession to his point.

--You are right, Galleous. You are always right when it comes to the chilliness of humanity. It was foolish of me to believe otherwise.

I shall take steps to never make that mistake again, you can rest assured.

Back