Time to Set out

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlikVanmil

Scarlett looks around his room at the Hammer Outfitter’s barracks. ‘I think that’s everything’ He thinks to himself. He shoulders on his tightly packed bundle of clothes and supplies then sets out. Walking down the halls he can hear the sounds of hammers hitting metal repeatedly and the smell of fire wafts into his nose. A feeling of nostalgia comes over him and he thinks back to when he was still with his family.

He daydreams of a simpler time when he wasn’t surrounded by so much death and despair. Visions of his father giving him his first hammer fill his mind. His mind turns to the party that ensued afterwards. The dancing, drinking, laughing… everyone was so happy.

His mind snaps back to reality as he gets to his forge. He retrieves his tools and looks over the matching bows he had crafted for him and Shin. His mind is drawn back to the party and he sees Morrow sitting across the room from him, his strong chest and muzzle shone with sweat from the heat. Scarlett remembers how embarrassed he was when Morrow caught him staring and the smile that came across the Wolfkin’s face.

A sound of a hammer breaks the trance he’d fallen into. Scarlett wraps the bows in leather and adds them to his load. Once outside he raises his dark red hood to shield himself from the rain and begins walking down the street. ‘I have got to stop being so foolish’ he thinks to himself as the heels of his boots clack against the cobblestones. ‘No more requests, no more audiences. I have my place in the Breach and I must learn to be content. Leave the healing to the Healers, the fighting to the Fighters. And I will be there to fix them when they are broken.’ He looks up at the sky and rain begins to drench his face. ‘I have no right to ask anything from anyone.’ He slumps his shoulders in defeat. And continues on his way out of the city and back to the Breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back