To offer help and ask for it.

I am Maxwell Maximus Maldavia Moore. My name may be known to some, unfortunately for me your name may not be known to me. I offer my considerable healing spells to de endeavors of others, if in turn, I am to be aided in discovering de creatures dat took my precious memories from me. I vant my memories back, I need dem back. De good, de bad. I vant dem all.

Maxwell! I haven't seen you since the cleansing of the forest. You might remember me as the MWE girl who tagged along with Elle the last time you were here. I will gladly help you however I can.
-Cenarith

Ah yes, I do remember dat. I glad to be accepting help from you. I help you too vith da healing and such, should you need it.

Greetings, I am called Wycliff. I believe I may be able to help you with your predicament: I have done considerable research into the processes of the Spirit, specifically the section of the spirit dealing with knowledge and experiences. Also, my eyes are able to see the presence of such things. Tell me, do you have any leads on the creatures that took your memories, such as their identities or the process by which they extracted the memories?

- Wycliff, the Seeker of Spirit.

Given where we found him, I am inclined to believe he was purged of memory by a mindflayer. The lands in which this occurred are now within Bleak's winter. I do not know if the mindflayer escaped Bleak.

~Ahlana

Hmm..... If that's the case, he'll be hard pressed to find anything until Bleak is dealt with.... That being said, the memories should still exist in some form. By chance, you done anything to confirm that your memories are not simply buried, perhaps seen a Biata? There was a phenomenon I discovered in my time researching the spirit that I named 'the Surface Effect': the conscious of each person has a 'surface' that memories 'float' upon, but there is an equal and opposite 'surface' mirrored in the subconscious, and when the mind is put into turmoil, the separation between them skews, causing passage between them. If you experienced something of a traumatic enough nature, it could cause a massive exchange between the two, even to the point of amnesia. That also would mean, of course, that they could be retrieved, through the correct process.

The last time Maxwell was here, I believe we managed to return a few of his memories when he came into contact with objects that carried significance to him. If that helps.

-Cenarith

Based on that, I can see two possibilities: the first, Maxwell's memories are trapped in his subconscious, and those objects letting them escape the conscious barrier. The second is that the memories where indeed taken, and stored as spiritual energy within said items: however, I will warn EXTREME caution should this be true. If the items were of personal important before he lost his memories, it's a good possibility that Maxwell provided them himself. Most beings that steal memories would do so to consume their spiritual energy, not store them in the personal items of the victim, as such a thing would require preemptive action. This, of course, would point to something that Maxwell did not want in those memories.
I am merely hypothesizing, of course, and Maxwell, I am not questioning your resolve to recover your memories, for better or for worse. If you have one of those items that refreshed some of your memory, my eyes would most likely be able to determine whether any knowledge or spiritual energy was stored in them.

The object that returned some memories had a memory from her within. A shared memory. It returned memories I had o of her.
I have learned that certain tasks I do seem familiar or an emotional attachment.. I was told by a Griffin that I must continue to do what is familiar.

You're most likely dealing with the first scenario, then, in which case the Griffin is right: doing things that you did before is the best natural way to cause a cognitive relapse. Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you in that. While my past is not what you'd call 'pleasant', I wouldn't be who I am today without it; you'll rediscover yourself along this journey you are undergoing, and, hopefully, be better off for it.

Back