To Those That Fought The Void In Wayside:

Fellow adventurers,

Thank you.

Thank you for coming through the mists, from lands far away, to protect mine from Void.

Thank you for aiding my fellow adventurers in stopping the Horse Lord from using the Void Shard to summon Igneo Hex.

Thank you for aiding us in fighting the magma dragon outside the shard, as well as the medusa within.

Casan Moreaux, Sloane, Idris, and Naomi, all of Asyl, thank you for helping to protect my home.

Tad Ron Fallingstar, Rezzik, and Havok, all of Valdanis, your help has been extremely appreciated, and I thank you for it.

Hunter Davion, Allendra, Urt, Talitha, Gandian Ravenscroft - the people of the Sheltered Lands of Gaden have always stood tall with those from Wayside, and I only hope this alliance of adventurers can continue, to fight the Corrupt in your lands, and to oppose that which threatens Wayside here.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Eric Marsters

Void making an appearance in Wayside? I desperately hope you have avoided having your land tainted with that horrible curse. This is sad news indeed to hear of such a deadly enemy spreading as fast and as far across Fortanis as it sounds...

I hope I may travel to Wayside again sometime Brother Marsters and aid in thwarting whatever plans void has for your lands. The Deadlands has known ruin and destruction at great lengths from this monstrous enemy.

- Mage Eldarion Avari

Mage Avari,

Yes, the Void came to Wayside. It came in the form of a shard, that apparently, a summoner tried to use to speed up a ritual to bring a creature known as "Igneo Hex" to Wayside.

We're not out of the woods, but destroying the shard bought us some time. For that, I am grateful.

Eric Marsters

Goodman Marsters,

When you said "we're not out of the woods yet," did you mean that a Void shard still remains in your lands? If this is the case, please spread word that all of the remaining shards grow stronger each time one is destroyed, so whatever you've been through, it is likely to be more difficult next time.

We don't know much about how the shards behave in other lands. Any information you gather would be helpful. These things have literally been the bane of our existence for years.

Whatever you do, even if you must die to prevent it, do not let anyone drive the shard into the ground. It may just cause a limited blight in the surrounding area, but if the person using the shard is powerful enough your lands could entirely be lost.

Save for one kingdom, our crops will not grow, the undead hoards continue to swell around us, and many of our races are dreadfully cursed. My own kind, the elven folk, cannot even bear children.

If I could reach you through the mists I would come, but I am bound by magic and oath to remain in the Deadlands. But I will send word to others.

I am sorry,

Ria Taybris Jehiel,
Knight of the Hierophan

Eric Marsters,

My name is Avian Toth. I am and adventurer of the lands they call the Deadlands. it saddens me to hear that our blight, the cursed shards, have found their way to your land and home. I certainly hope that you have stayed off the venom of its magic, but I fear worse things have yet to come. The evil shards are not so easily foiled. You say that you have destroyed a shard? I would ask that you might recounting the tale and the efforts you and your fellow people took to destroy the shard. Such things may help those in other lands who also fight with Void. Tragically your land is not the first that Void has traveled to across the mist. The shards are elusive and they play many a trick. Perhaps we may share our common knowledge.

- Avian

Void has also appeared in Kupspar, with Darkman/Dissonance as the guardian thereof.

~Ehetere Nasreen of the Tigers Eye Kinship

What happened and when did this happen?

Ria Taybris

Alright, here is the tale, as much as I know, as to what happened in Wayside. If I screw up a detail, please guys - chime in and correct me.

We were made aware of the void shard by a duo of knights - one order, one void. The void knight was attracted to the shard, and the order knight was following him, destroying all of the elementals that were spawning from him.

To find the shard, we ended up beating down the void knight, and putting part of his essence into a magical box, using the void knight's natural attraction.

We were led to a cave, where the shard was. The area was guarded by a magma dragon, as well as magma elementals. The element of magma seems to be something unique to Wayside - think a fire elemental, but its damage goes right through an arcane armor. So, unless you are outfitted with traditional armor, you don't want to get too close.

After getting past the dragon, we found the shard, and the Horse Lord, which was attempting to get the shard. We had to take out the Horse Lord, while the dragon still attacked. We also had to push through a series of circular barriers to get to the shard, racing the Horse Lord's minions to it, and using adventurers as cover.

We got the shard, and we killed the Horse Lord. I'm not sure who, but someone decided to try to put the void shard in the box the void knight's essence was in. They put up a circle of power, and attempted this. This caused us all to get sucked into the shard, and destroyed the box.

Once we were in the shard, we were confronted by a medusa that petrified people, as well as a large void beast guarding a portal to exit. The first attempt, with the whole town present, we killed the medusa. When the medusa was beaten, the shard appeared in its chest. We could not get it out, though. and after a few minutes, the medusa would rise again. After this happened twice, we called for a retreat, and escaped the shard.

Once out of the shard, a number of younger adventurers went to get food and drink at the tavern, while the older adventurers tried to figure out what went wrong, and get back inside. After a couple hours, I cast a Whispering Wind, and contacted the Order Knight from earlier, asking him to come destroy the shard. He sent a small Order elemental, which slammed itself into the shard, causing a large explosion that sucked everyone in the area, wholly unprepared, back into the shard. Havok was even asleep on the ground when this happened. Once back in the shard, we fought and killed the medusa, which seemed significantly stronger. We used the power of endow to rip the shard from its chest, and it crumbled to dust. We appeared back where we stood before, with the shard destroyed.

As far as saying we're "not out of the woods yet"... we still have people trying to bring this entity known as "Igneo Hex" into our plane of existence. What we know of it is that it has destroyed countless other planes, and that we have to travel to one of them to rescue a survivor that can give us an idea as to what we're up against if it makes it to our world, and how to stop it. If there's another void shard... I've got no idea.

Sorry, that was me that said that whole tale. I forgot to make sure you knew who I was.

Eric Marsters

Ehetere Nasreen,

Tiger's Eye... this would make you a dark elf, would it not? I traveled in your lands about this time a year ago, but I do not recall if I met you. I had heard that the music box we made was shattered because we got the words wrong? Have you been able to repair it? I wish I could help but it seems like all my efforts when it comes to Kupspar end up just making things worse.

-Sun-Li Yin/Michiko

Michiko said:
Ehetere Nasreen,

Tiger's Eye... this would make you a dark elf, would it not? I traveled in your lands about this time a year ago, but I do not recall if I met you. I had heard that the music box we made was shattered because we got the words wrong? Have you been able to repair it? I wish I could help but it seems like all my efforts when it comes to Kupspar end up just making things worse.

-Sun-Li Yin/Michiko

Sun-Li Yin,

I remember when you and the other traveled to our lands. You fell to the powers of the Darkman and he was able to control you. I am glad to hear that you still travel safe.
As to the music box, we have not repaired it. When it was destroyed the magics fled, we are looking for them and progress has been made.
Any information you can send me on this Void subject would be great.

Many thanks
May the Sun always shine upon you,

-Ra'Sha al'Kazim

Lord Nicodemus Ravenseye of Stoneroost and Guild Mistress Keely of the Hollow Bastion are the two most informed authorities on both Void, and the Withering, the blight Void has caused in our lands.

If you send missive hear to this Hollow it will reach them.

Address the letters to their names.

(Nicodemus - opposition01@gmail.com)

(Keely - deadlandshelper@gmail.com)

I would trust none but these two individuals to give you a full and proper account of the threat. They are versed in the facts and understand the larger picture of what Void has done, and theoretically could do, in other lands.

Ria Taybris Jehiel
Knight of the Hierophan

Ra'Sha al'Kazim,

Thank you for the information. As for what might be gleaned for you in return I would only second the Ria's suggestion. Guildmistress Keely is much more knowledgeable on the subject than I. If she has not already written you by the time I see her next I will speak with her about it and make sure her messenger knows the way to Kupspar. It is a... complicated road.

Other than that I dare not interfere further.

I wish you the best in your fight, friend.

Humbly,
Sun-Li Yin

Michiko said:
Ehetere Nasreen,

-Sun-Li Yin/Michiko

Sun-Li Yin,

That makes me a Wijdan, yes. I do not believe I have met you, though I've heard stories about you (those who spoke of you called you Michiko) and the one known as Heresy being possessed by Darkman. As of the last gathering I attended, we are trying to gather the pieces of the music box. It seems many of the more seasoned adventurers cannot help Kupspar, but that's okay. There are pockets of intelligent tactics to be found in Kupspar, and those minds are working on the obstacles which lay ahead.

~Ehetere Nasreen

Back