Toolkit of Convenience Ritual questions (the first of many)

Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
The new Toolkit of Convenience Ritual says "The Toolkit’s charges can continue to be used to supplement a character’s supply of Crafting Materials, as if it were a normal Toolkit" (emph mine). The Toolkit descriptions in Superior Equipment says, "A single Crafting Batch may only benefit from one Toolkit bonus." (emph mine)(language below).

¿Does the "one Toolkit bonus" restriction extend to the Toolkit of Convenience charges?

1690486450657.png

For example, ¿does the First Batch Toolkit Bonus (free CM up to 20) count as a separate kind of charge from the rest of the Toolkit of Convenience bonuses? Could I use the First Batch Toolkit Bonus (20 CM) the +10 Batch pool Bonus and the +10 CM bonus all in one batch?

The first Benefit says "Provide an additional 10 CM worth of materials. This benefit can be used in addition to a regular Toolkit charge, up to 4 times in a given batch." (emph mine). ¿Does that mean the rest of the benefits cannot be used more than one time in a given batch?

Thank you.

(the first of many)​

But why? just post 'em all at once! :cool:

¿Does the "one Toolkit bonus" restriction extend to the Toolkit of Convenience charges?
“Toolkit Bonus” is a specific thing that acts as up to 20 CM towards a batch. The ToC does not permit you to use charges to gain more than one Toolkit Bonus per batch, however charges from a ToC can be used as either regular Toolkit charges (which provide the Toolkit Bonus) or to trigger the ToC effect options.

¿does the First Batch Toolkit Bonus (free CM up to 20) count as a separate kind of charge from the rest of the Toolkit of Convenience bonuses?
I think this is answered in the above, but if its not, feel free to clarify the question.

Could I use the First Batch Toolkit Bonus (20 CM) the +10 Batch pool Bonus and the +10 CM bonus all in one batch?
Yes.

The first Benefit says "Provide an additional 10 CM worth of materials. This benefit can be used in addition to a regular Toolkit charge, up to 4 times in a given batch." (emph mine). ¿Does that mean the rest of the benefits cannot be used more than one time in a given batch?
No, it is the only one with an actual use limit, but there's no need to buy either the expend components or expend ritual scrolls options multiple times for a single batch.

¿How does the second perk ("Increase the size of a given batch by 10. This allows a character to spend additional CM beyond their normal maximum for a particular batch.") work with prereqs for crafting? That is, usually your crafting skill level is the determinant of what you can craft, e.g. you need at least Alchemy 3 to craft an Oil of Slipperiness. However, the perk increases the batch size, ¿are you still restricted to your "crafting level" when determining what you can create?

¿How does the second perk ("Increase the size of a given batch by 10. This allows a character to spend additional CM beyond their normal maximum for a particular batch.") work with prereqs for crafting? That is, usually your crafting skill level is the determinant of what you can craft, e.g. you need at least Alchemy 3 to craft an Oil of Slipperiness. However, the perk increases the batch size, ¿are you still restricted to your "crafting level" when determining what you can create?
I think you may be conflating concepts from different versions.

You don't need a specific level of a skill to make a given item, you simply need enough points available in your Crafting Batch to be able to make it.
If you have Smithing 2, spend your points on Craft Smithing Batch, and expend a charge from your ToC (and a gold piece) to give yourself +10 to the size of this batch, you can then make a 50 point suit of armor (with no CM expended, because its your first batch).

Hello

The vote for this ritual says that it will use the 1.3->2.0 conversion math. However the spreadsheet I and everyone I know has, doesn't show or explain the math - it just tells you what the answer is.

However WoC was a new ritual in 2.0 and didn't exist in 1.3, so the existing spreadsheet (everyone I've asked) doesn't work to convert this. I've asked around various rules/plot/logistics people and no one had an answer at the time, or how the up-casting or extenders factored into it. From what I've been told from owners, is that no additional "non-player-facing" information was withheld and the vote posting was all that was provided or at least all that was in the proposal.

Is there anyone who knows how this should be converted, or...

Is there information which can be provided so that players with WoC and work on their conversion emails to logitics teams, or where plot/logistics/owners can find that information if it's not "player-faceing".

Thanks in advance.

I have asked my logistics team about once a month when I will be able to get my WoC updated and I have been told to ask here for when players will be able to get their items brought in line with the 2.1 rules.

There should be a converter coming within the next few days. Once its ready it will be posted and players can then convert their WoC, Trap Avoidance and Enhanced Quiver ritual scrolls as well as convert Magic items with those rituals on them.

Back