Tournament for the sake of our survival

To all Twice-born,

I have spoken with the being called Nether. To those of you unfamiliar with Nether, she (it?) is something which has been created from a Void and Puriel shard, combined. She has informed me that her “darker half” and she have argued, one for the cause of creation, the other with the desire for terrible destruction, and “they” have decided on holding an event, a tournament which holds the lives of innocents in the balance.

On August 13th one tournament will begin in two locations. One location will be in the Bastion of the Hollow and the other will be in what Nether calls the “Dark Bastion.” I am told Legacy calls it “The Black Keep.”

An important side note: it has been confirmed that the dormant circle of power stolen and rifted from Sadeen Moore has been somehow activated in Legacy. They have access to our portals. I do not know if we have access to theirs.

In part, the tournament held in the Hollow will be a somewhat normal tournament. There will be teams among the adventurers, and prizes, and so on. Each team is expected to represent a diverse group, with a wide range of talents and signifying colors. There will be competitions for everything from singing talent to tests of ritual casting prowess.

However, between Legacy and The Hollow there will be “All Star” competitions. These will be held in The Hollow (we won the coin toss, according to Nether). After several of the various events both Legacy and the Hollow will be asked to produce individuals from each of their tournament’s teams. These individuals will be granted back all of their skills and spells for the purpose of each All Star battle/event.

During all but the final All Star battle all monstrous abilities, strengths and weaknesses shall be oppressed by Nether. Likewise, no magic items shall be permitted. The destruction or murdering of either monsters or mortals shall not be permitted during all but the final battle. However, in the final All Star battle ALL such things will be permitted, and there will be no rules disallowing the destruction of any participants. This final battle will be among only the chosen heroes of the Hollow against who ever Legacy chooses as their champions.

Nether has warned me that there is an additional caveat to the All Star battles. In each such conflict there will be a “wild card” chosen for each side. The wild card can be “anyone who has ever walked the lands of Laerthan, past or present.” Both sides, Legacy and The Hollow, are encouraged to generate lists of people who would be useful in the All Star battles. However, be forewarned, individuals from either list can end up having to fight for either side.

At this point you may be asking yourself “why?”. Why are we participating in such a tournament with murderous, evil creatures from all corners of the Deadlands? The answer is simple. Both Legacy and The Hollow have been given an identical ritual scroll. It is called “Create Bastion/Destroy Bastion.” The catalyst is merely “Nether’s Permission,” and that is precisely what the winning side will receive.

Any Bastion is susceptible to destruction if we lose this competition, including Authenrai, our capital city.

Therefore, The Crown must support this tournament, and the adventurers of the Hollow, as well as their friends from distant lands are implored to participate, and to win.

For the sake of the Crown, for our beloved and precious Bastions, and for the people they each protect, please, join us, and win.

In Trust,
Lord Nathaniel Galloway

Back