Tournament Teams

If there are adventurers planning to attend next gather still in need of a tournament team, in particular those new to our shores, please send me a private missive at the court in Authenrai.

In faith,
Lord Nicodemus Ravenseye

Just to be clear, the freshly lorded Nicodemus seems to be taking on the most gracious task of leading, or at least assisting, newer adventurers in this painfully important tournament, rather than choosing to be bored, sitting with us, who will most likely be among the judges?

And we thank him for this.

In trust,
Lord Galloway

I think I can speak for my brother-in-arms Lord Amaranthus as well when I say that the Bastion of Stoneroost will do all that we can to make sure both that the Crown is represented in the coming tourney, and that all who wish to compete are adequately prepared.

In faith,
Lord Nicodemus of Stoneroost

Lord Galloway, we're truly hurt.

Bored? You think you're going to be bored? We can't have that, this tournament is supposed to be exciting and fun! I could easily take away the safety precautions I had in place on no one resurrecting if you think that will help - I've heard people tend to fight harder when their life is on the line, but I wouldn't really know. I was trying to play nice though, I kind of like some of the people I suspect will be competing and would rather not see them go the way of so many of Void and Purial's champions too soon.

Also, you don't have to judge if you don't want to, I'll make a special exception in your case. Your other half though, I make no promises. We've been rather intrigued to talk to him ever since everyone told us to stay away from him, I must admit. OR! We could all sit down and judge together!! That might be very interesting.

Let me know!

~Nether

Nether,

My attempt at irony often fails on paper.

I can assure you, I will be fully present and witnessing every event with baited breath.

And I am grateful to be a judge, and I am sure the lich will not be interested.

Lord Galloway

Air Raksa,

Attempt to murder someone in broad daylight and then be banished from the land in which you brazenly did so; then you will find yourself at a position in which you should not criticize another.

Oh, wait...

You're in that position.

You have done great things for these lands, Rock. So has Nic. You come from a culture that many of us do not understand, and you do things that many consider savage and appalling. You make statements that would have had you walking the plank, when I was young. Cultural misunderstandings, deeds that are often misconstrued by small minded folks, words that while spoken bravely and with conviction are often equally controversial, how much more should you have in common for you to hate him? What is it that you wish to prove you hate, High Orc?

I don’t pretend to know the full reasons why Nicodemus wore that mark for so long, nor do I pretend to agree with his choice to do so, but I know that he was not executed for a crime; he was, with not one shred of evidence to justify it, marked and murdered. Was it racial prejudice, blind fanaticism? No one will ever know, but I suspect he wore the mark to remind people of what comes of hate, hubris and a pride too great to be bothered with the value of life and truth.

If the ugliness of that mark can mean only one thing, perhaps we all need to broaden our understanding of what ugly things we see, and sometimes are.

So long as you never wrong the people or laws of these lands, you will always be welcome here, Rock, because we do not rely on half-stories and we do not judge by half-truths; we do not hate a thing or person simply because it looks like something to be condemned.

We look at the whole truth, the entire story, the life, the person, and by that we praise or condemn.
I have seen and heard of great deeds, accomplished by you both. It is a shame that such heroes cannot be equally great allies.

What a greater goodness that would bring this suffering world.

In trust,

Lord Galloway

Back