[.11] Trap Avoidance call?

Tantarus

Knight
Trap Avoidance (General, Spirit / Body / Item [Any], Daily) - Once per Logistics period per charge of this Ritual a character may expend a Ritual charge to avoid the effects of an Area Trap. The use of the Ritual does not protect a character against Voice delivery or any other area of effect attacks or abilities.

What is the call you make when using this ritual?

I would just call “trap avoidance” to let the marshal know.

Guard?

I suspect “Trap Avoidance” is also the verbal.

A hold is going to be called to deal with an area trap in pretty much any circumstance, right? I don’t think it needs a verbal so much as to let the marshal who is handling the trap know that you’re using a charge of the rit.

I’d like there to be a verbal anyways. Trap goes off, players (there might not be a marshal) call hold, determine the trap and those affected.

3.2.1. Lay On!

Player calls the verbal as a defense.

It keeps the conversation needed for the hold shorter and cleaner. Plus, declaring it as a verbal cleanly describes what other people see from your ritual effect.

There is no explicit verbal. Traps pretty much always require a Hold, and players can state during that hold that they are activating this Ritual after finding out what type of trap it is if there is a question.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

It still think it might be prudent to come up with a verbal for 'trap avoidance'. Everything else has something, this should to in my opinion.

'FREEDOM' (braveheart style) would be my choice, but just saying 'trap avoidance' would be fine, if less amusing.

Back