Travel Preparations

I am planning on joining you all at your next gather, however, the last time I came through the mists, it caused a major flux in the power of my eyes, leaving me mostly blind, save our time in the spirit realm. If possible, I'd like to know the state of your greater planes (I.e. Nature, Void, Creation, Life, ect.) as I have theorized a connection between my abilities, and also the frequency of foes that have a consciousness, as my eyes only allow me sight of outlines and the spirit's Flame of Conscious, so that I will be able to adjust the potency of my eyes accordingly.
Please let me know before the time of your next gather, as preparation for possibly suppressing my eye's power takes no small amount of time.

- Wycliff, the Seeker of Spirit.

Hello Wycliff.

I have no idea what you're talking about with your eyes, but here's information about the planes:

Picture the planes as a sort of sphere... In the center you have the prime plane.

Magisterium: "Above" and "Below" us are the planes of Life and Death.
Foundation: To the "sides" you have the four elements: Stone, Water, Air, and Fire
Para-Elemental: These are the planes in-between the different elements.
  • Stone & Water: Ooze
  • Water & Air: Steam
  • Air & Fire: Smoke
  • Fire & Stone: Magma
Quasi-Positive: These are the planes that share the powers of the plane of life and of a foundation plane
  • Stone & Life: Mineral
  • Water & Life: Ice
  • Air & Life: Ligtning
  • Fire & Life: Radiance
Quasi-Negative: These are the planes that share the powers of the plane of death and of a foundation plane
  • Stone & Death: Dust
  • Water & Death: Salt
  • Air & Death: Vacuum
  • Fire & Death: Ash

That completes the planes. I've included a rough sketch of the planes, although it's not perfect. They move around slightly as the seasons change (For example: when it's hot out, the plane of fire is closer to the prime plane than the plane of water is), but always in that sphere. Each plane also has its own unique shape to it. For example, Death is an upside down pyramid, Ooze is a perfect sphere, and Dust is supposedly a tube, although it's pretty much impossible to tell. This is important for navigating the planes and knowing if you're going "up/in" or "down/out" into the wilds, suburbs, or city.

A long time ago when Void was encroaching and wanted to destroy everything, each of the planes gave up a bit of their power to help create the Order wall far far far away from us... Except Vacuum, because Vacuum doesn't care and I hate it and it's the worst. That's why it's so much more powerful than all the other ones... It didn't give up any of its power.

Anyway, when the Order wall was created, all of the encroaching Void was "given order", and thus the creation of Chaos. You can find Chaos in the space between all of the planes.

We don't have a "Nature" plane, but Nature magic exists... I've heard you can cast it if you're very much attuned to the forests and, well... Nature. I would assume being some sort of elf or dryad or something would be helpful in that. I've never seen any "Creation" around here, but that's probably because we're safe from Void.

I can talk with you more about it at the next gather, if we have the time.

Safe Travels,
Banradi Irani Moduri
Master of the Waymaker Stones
Apprentice to Mathis - Order of the Emerald Flame

Attachments

• The Planes.png
    The Planes.png
    309.8 KB · Views: 8
Impressive! You seem to have put quite a bit of research into this subject, and I'm glad: I see the main difference between our two sides of the mists. I believe we have similar magisterium and foundational planes, but said planes have not created quasi-planes between them, which may be due to the existence of other forbidden planes, embodying different magics, such as Time, Nature, Void, and Creation. The lack of those planes, and the existence of the Quasi-planes in your realm, is the most likely reason for the disruption of my magic. I'll be looking into a solution by my own means. Thank you for the information, Banradi.

Ha! Yes Wycliff... I have put quite a bit of research into this...

I've been working on repairing/strengthening the Waystone Network for the past 3 and a half years (4 once I finally complete it), which has required me to put stones on planes.

Other land's planes are so strange to me. It's probably because I've invested so much time in/connected to/on this one that it's mentally disconcerting going anywhere else.

Glad I could help.

-Radi

Radi,

You know you always have my help with these stones on planes. So count me in for this final stone on Vacuum.

Ser Nyio Sorn
A.k.a Shiny

Thank you Shiny! I will need as many fighters as I can get, so you will be especially invaluable.

Your Friend,
Radi

Stones on Planes!

Fredrick

HAHAHA! I love that that has become a thing. The final stone on plane. XD

-Radi

If I may ask, what exactly will happen once all planes are connected via the Waystone Network?

Rodi will become supreme leader of the drrynatha people. Its a thing, you missed a lot...

Fredrick

So it seems. Well, as they say, if you can't beat them...

Stones on Planes!

- Wycliff, the Seeker of Spirit, and part-time member of Bandwagon.

Through the mist I search for a town I can find shelter and a meal. Looking for knowledgeable townsfolk to sit down and listen and learn something new. Should anyone know of such a place I shall travel there immediately. If there is problems in such town will you tell me so I may prepare to defend myself if the need arises

Pyke the decedent of the first golden elf liberated from the unuseful grips of emotions.

Pyke, I would only give you one piece of advice: plan on not being prepared. It's the easiest way to deal with things that go on where adventurers gather. That being said, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people willing to sit down and talk.

Greetings Pyke,

You will indeed be able to find shelter and a meal in the town of Valbrough. Located not far from the Old Capitol City, it's got a lot of amenties for its size. I think you'll find most of the adventurers who travel there are friendly enough. I plan on being there for some of the gathering, Lukas has been trying to hunt me down. So I, owe him a conversation.

If you're looking to make some money, or help some people Pyke, there's a lot of work to do. I'm happy to fill you in on the details. Or look to the board in the tavern with tasks on it. Most people are who need help are willing to pay for it. But, they need help regardless.

I look forward to meeting you,

Jared Silverstar

Thank you both. I look forward to setting my eyes upon Valbrough for the first time in my many quests I will be setting out for. Money is always in need but not my goal just a tool.

Back