Traveler's Sleeping Quarters

jwconvery

Spellsword
Hail Traverse City,

We are making the drive up to your fair chapter this coming weekend. Having never been there, what should we expect? Should we bring a tent or will there be bunks available? We are making the drive up from Ann Arbor, so we'll get there maybe 9-10ish? We don't mind sleeping in tents, but a little help on where to we're allowed to set them up would be great. Or ya know, if someone wants to reserve three spots for us in a cabin... that'd be ok as well. :)

See ya Friday,
-Joe

I am sure that room can be saved for you in a cabin. If you wanna bring a tent feel free but I will make sure somebody saves you a spot in a cabin if you want too.

TadRon

Heya Joe,

There are usually bunks available but you want to bring your own bedding. Matresses are available on a first come first serve basis. I dont mind setting up 3 spots in our usual cabin for you as we will only have 2-3 at the most making the drive up from Chicago.

Thanks,

Paul

Wonderful. We'll bring a tent as back-up but we would definately prefer cabin-space for three. Whatever ends up easier, let us know when we get there.

Thanks to both of you for looking out.

See you in a few days.

-Joe

we'll either have an open cabin or you can stay with us as were only going to be 2-3 so we'll have plenty of space.

Paul

Joe,

We have 6 cabins that sleep 8 peeps each. They are rustic as in wood bunks, wood stove for heat, canvas doors, 1 wooden table, and usually atleast 2 chairs. The site has a pitcher pump for water and 2 outhouses, no electricity! There is a shower house that is about 1/2 a mile from the cabins. It has a bank of showers and 2 bathrooms.

Hope that helps, if you need any other info let us know.

Beverly

Thanks to all for the help. Due to a minor schedule wrinkle our dog-sitter can't help us out this weekend. So.... we need space for 3 Pc's and a one year old Husky shepard mix. We totally understand if this changes things for people and their offers for space. She'll have a crate, and we'll be OOG when required to do Dog stuff.

Just a heads up. Sorry for the curve-ball.

-Joe

OHHHHHH puppy!

Thats my reaction and no doubt most of Lifestorms to having a pooch at the event. If you guys prefer not to upend her surroundings and introduce like 3 new people to her then grab a cabin and when we get there I have no doubt that Jehan will have a spare ward for his buddy Idris.

If you guys decide to share with us just please leave us 2 bottom bunks.... Tom and I are getting old and cant climb as well as we used to. :)

Paul

Back