Travelling from Ashbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cúangol

Artisan
Hello,

I am traveling for the first time to your realm, from Ashbury, and am bringing a few companions. I understand (from Grim and others) that there has been some exchange between our realms in the past, and that there is always need of a few more adventurers. However, I have a few questions in packing for my trip.

Most pressingly, is it possible to purchase protective services, such as a ward?

On a related topic, are other items generally available for trade or purchase? I am specifically looking for an extra longbow, and several quivers of arrows. Various potions, and any magical items, are also of interest. I can bring gold, various potions, scrolls, or ritual components, if we negotiate in advance.

Also, how expensive are meals? This will help in deciding how much spending money to bring, if a ward is not available.

Lastly, what sorts of creatures is one most likely to encounter? For example, if undead are in abundance it might be beneficial for me to memorize some counter spells.

Thank you for your help,
Sornelintion Eagle-eye, Amani Elf of the Ash Forest, in Ashbury

My good friend Sornelintion,

Gold is always useful. Bring as much as you can. Of course, as in all lands, merely seek out the Romani, who will surely be able to help you in all matters. For the most meagre of coins, I will be pleased to personally introduce you. Also, I can reveal the future to you, or speak with the spirits of those passed, on your behalf. I am also accepting, for a short time, students in the way of the blade.

Travel safely,

Teovel deTomros Viatsa

(oog: Scott Auden)

Sornelintion Eagle-eye,

I, too am Amani, and therefore you will understand why I say this, and of what I speak,

If you are carrying the black ichor within you that blinds you with rage, please inform the people of Kupspar about it before you enter into their lands. I know several who have been affected by it, and they need to know what they're in for before your blood is spilled.

Of course, it's entirely possible you are not yet affected, and therefore my point would be irrelevant.

~Alyssa Darksnow

Dear Alyssa Darksnow: It will be nice to see a fellow Amani. Fortunately I have not contracted the black ichor, but I am very familiar with it (I have been traveling with Squire Ezri to ensure that nothing happens while we return Dame Darlassia's body to her native Imladar).

Dear Teovel deTomros Viatsa: Thank you for your kind offer of help. But for my safety I will only be bringing the funds required for my trip, and for pre-negotiated purchases. However, I may be interested in a reading of my future, if the price is right. I will contact you in private.

I am looking forward to meeting you both,
Sornelintion Eagle-eye

Dear Alyssa Darksnow,

I will be coming with Swift eagle, and so will one of our friends of Ashbury((oog my wife)). The three of us are free of the black ichor.

As swift eagle has stated, it would be nice to know what we face in this town as I have only awoken to the world around us in the past few months. Knowing what to expect, and what is the major dangers around is always a good thing to know. Further if someone around the area has the ability to cast a Ward from memory I will make sure you get paid myself, Swift eagle do not argue me on this point, as I will make sure that we are protected. If you wish to argue with me on this on, I will ask you to do so in private. Anyone who can cast a ward from memory please contact me privately and we can work out a price.

I notice that many of you speak of Fae. I have heard of them, but what are the Fae exactly, and why are you all so scared of them?? They seem, from what I have heard, to be nothing more than a friendly lot that like to joke. Could I ask for someone to explain to me who or what they are?

Are their any known enemies to my kind, the dryads, in your lands?

Our other friend is a Romani, and if someone would like I will request that she show her thoughts here prior to coming into town.

Thank you for anything that may be provided to me for knowledge,

Lennox

I shall not be able to be in Kupspar in a couple weeks' time, but several of my companions will be there. The folks from Red Paw (Tra'kad, Cyric) have traveled with me and my brother for years, and I trust them. While neither are Amani, they are good people and understand our people well.

As for people in Kupspar I would trust to give you an in-person update on what you will be facing, I would trust Ona or Solange. I know Belnar is also from Kupspar, and I think he said he would be there for the upcoming gather.

As for Fae - it depends on which lands they come from as to whether they are merely tricksters or outright avatars of evil and chaos. Most that come from my home are magical in nature, and not harmful at all unless you are disrespectful. In general, fae are either from the Seelie Court and tend to be benevolent, or Unseelie and tend to be malevolent. Those from the lands of Moria, even those from the "seelie" court, are often quite evil. I know not of any fae from Kosmara or around Kupspar, or their tendencies towards good or evil.

A Dryad who travels in the lands of Caldaria, who we call Willow, travels in Kupspar. I don't recall her mentioning any specific dangers to your people in those lands, but I also did not ask specifically. Hopefully, she will be at the gather, and be able to address your concerns directly.

~Alyssa Darksnow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back