Treaty

Banradi

Adept
Does anybody have any fu*king idea how to write a treaty? I have no idea how, and I need to have one by... Well, this market day. Help would be appreciated.

-Radi

Last edited:
Radi

Writing a treaty, or any contract for that matter is not something you want to rush. What you don't want is a loop hole or gray areas open to interpretation.

-State what parties are involved in this treaty;
-Clearly state the purpose of the treaty, such as peace, trade, or whatever goals the treaty is for. Try to be encompassing but be wary of the longer the length, the more potential for loopholes. Choose wording carefully.
-State what happens if the treaty is violated and what recourse or actions need to be performed in order to amend the violation and time table to do so reasonably;
-Define the amount of time this treaty is lasting;
-Provide areas for signatures of each party, in this case as a treaty any titles of authority (and their should be authority figures signing treaties) below the line they sign. Perhaps their name too written clearly if that would not offend. Also ideally and depending on the impact of the treaty, you may want to have additional signature lines (it lessens the chance of enslavements or other factors affecting treaties) for second in commands, some may require a official creast stamped or blood print as well;
-Have two (or more if more than two parties are involved) copies of this treaty.

I don't envy you attempting to come up with in short order. I will gladly read over what you come up with.

Thank you for asking about this Banradi, I might have to be involved in some treaty-making soon as well so this is really useful.

Back