True Tinkering on Dec 2022 beta

Stripe

Scholar
I'm reading the new beta packet, and trying to make sure I understand the new use of the True Tinkering ability.
I can see it allows you to spend materials (at twice the going rate) to create items from any other craft skill.

But from the wording... does it mean I have to have another crafting skill to make items in it, or does it allow me to make any craftable item from another skill?
For example, if I have 20 ranks in tinkering and none in brewing, can I create 20 production of brewing, at the cost of 40 crafting materials (or 2 charges or a toolkit)?

True Tinkering allows you to use a Tinkering Batch to create Adventuring Equipment from the lists of other Crafting Skills, without having that skill.

The items cost twice as much to make, but you are still limited to expending the same total amount of Crafting Materials.

For example, if you have Tinkering 20, you can spend 2 points on a Tinkering Batch, another 3 points on True Tinkering, and this allows you to spend a total of 20 Crafting Materials to make Adventuring Equipment. Items from another skill would cost twice as many CM to make, but you would not be able to exceed 20 CM over the course of the batch. So, you have your 20 CM to spend, and decide you really need as many "5 Cure Wounds" potions as you can muster, each one costs you 2 CM to make of the 20 you have available to spend.

For clarification, you must first spend the Crafting Ability (CA) points to build the Crafting Batch and then spend three CA on True Tinkering to "convert" the Batch Pool into universal production which can build anything at twice the listed cost (up to your batch total), ¿right? You do not just spend the CA on True Tinkering and get your pool.

Example - If I wanted to make multiple batches, I would spend: 2 CA for Batch 1, and 3 CA on True Tinkering to convert; then 4 CA for B2, and 3 CA on TT to convert; then 6 CA on B3 and 3 CA on TT...

Correct. True Tinkering does not create a batch, it alters how you can use a batch you have already purchased.

Back