[Twinspire] Guild Announcements

Shay

Greetings, my friends.

There are a couple of announcements that I'd like to make regarding Guild administration.

Firstly, Lord Everbright is stepping down as Quartermaster. As Lord and Herald, he feels he has nearer duties, and so has asked to step back from a full guild position. If you think you might be interested in taking on the Quartermaster's duties, please get in touch with me or with Dame Nyrani. The announcement of a new Quartermaster will likely occur at the next gather.

However, in addition, I regret to announce that I am stepping down from the position of First Speaker. As the guild is in its fledgling months, reaching out to take a firm grasp on respect and credibility, it cannot afford to be led by someone who does not have those things himself. The guild needs to be represented by someone who has not the barest whiff of scandal about him, and I am afraid that due to certain actions in the recent past this can no longer describe me. For the best good of the guild and the Outlanders that the guild is widely seen to represent, I must and do step aside. (Before you ask, no, I will not explain further here in dreams, but I am happy to make time for anyone would like to speak with me.)

I will confess that the charter at the moment does not cover this eventuality. For the time being, Dame Nyrani, as the remaining elected officer, will be taking on the role of First Speaker. I will continue to be involved in the guild and am entirely invested in seeing it successful- I will be assisting Dame Nyrani as much as I may, both as a guild member and her squire, and as such will be happy to pass anything on to her, including statements of interest about the Quartermaster position. I'll let her speak for herself regarding what this will mean for things going forward.

Thank you all. It was an honor to serve, brief as it may have been.

- Shay dea'Saryn

When I first spoke to many of you about the potential leadership of any such entity, and when first we held elections for that leadership, many of you would have been quite happy to see me in that role. I made an argument many felt was sound as to why I should not, and I will confess part of it was and has been my desire to allow those here who have made strides towards obtaining status and glory to continue doing so unimpeded.

It is still my desire to see others of this community learn and grow. However, it has become clear to me that my support needs to be more active than it has been.

As such, I will be assuming the top leadership of this community going forward. If any amongst you have thoughts or feelings you wish to express about this, you may certainly do so. I will, however, remind you all that you wanted me in this role to begin with.

You will note I have refrained from using the words "guild" and "outlander." Neither of these terms truly or fully applies either to our community, nor to the true intent of the High Arbiter's edict. As such, and as my first act of leadership, I do hereby reject these terms. Those outside our community may continue to use them... I would encourage you all to correct them.

Our community shall be henceforth called the Pathfinder's Enclave. For we are a community that exists and operates outside the average abilities of the people around us, and we find the ways to achieve the impossible.

The "bylaws" of our community are being re-written as I write this to reflect this shift in paradigm and will be made available for viewing before our next congregation. I will be making provisional appointments to a council of leadership within the next couple of weeks. It is imperative at this time that we not be without leadership and representation.

Dame Ny'ranï Sheehar
Knight of the Order of Madeleine of Parna
Shield to Duke Prospero Azurius of the Northlands of Parna
Knight Errant of Trevaelia
Pathfinder Arbiter

Back