Twinspire - To the "Outlanders"

Tylo

I should have known better than to trust you half-magical monkeys.

I came to you unarmed; I deigned to grace you with a meeting rather than smash you as you uppity little guttersnipes deserve. And I was rewarded; pleasantly surprised, even! Here you were, you short-lived offshoots, negotiating, reasoning, discussing logistics. Here, I thought, are the remnants of the loyal servants we once knew; here are the seeds of a new cosmic order. So I parlayed, in good faith, despite everything. I thought perhaps the redemption of my people was at hand.

I should have known better. I, of all people, should have known better.

Did you really think that I would not notice? That I would not remember the Agrarian? That I would not recognize your efforts to ape true Vorean magic? I have eyes everywhere. I saw you, less than an hour after we reached an accord, destroying my people and seeking the tools of my destruction.

But I am a benevolent monarch. I know that you by-blows are far from civilized; that perhaps this was just a miscommunication, or an act of some splinter group who still thinks they smell victory. I will be benevolent, and I will give you one final chance.

If you still seek peace, by sunset on the twentieth day of this month, you will present yourselves on the island of Vor Agris, where you stole the essence of the Agrarian. You will bear with you either a nobleman of the Fae race, or no fewer than one dozen lesser Fae. If my price is met, then our accord will stand. If not, you will learn the true meaning of war.

These are the words of Emperor Tzero. My word is law. My word is truth. My word is reality.

Back