two hander weapon construction:help needed

hello all, i am in need of some help making a long two hander sword specifically what to make the core out of.
ive tried a couple times and the problem end up being its to whippy.
i would love any advice on the matter.
-thanks

if you can find them, sometimes places will sell fiberglass rectangle posts to go with that ugly bright orange safety fence. The rectangle tube stuff works good for rigidity, and also has added benefit for reduced chance your foam with rotate or slip if you are making a headed weapon like an axe or hammer.

I've also seen some made from 'kite spar' poles that were good, and others made from fiberglass 3/8" rods used for holding up marking flags.

Lots of options, but generally fiberglass, or heavy resins are better then PVC pipe. (Even for short weapons, they tend to be stiffer and lighter, though Carbon fiber or fiberglass golf club handles are a popular favorite for short one handers)

Last edited:
I am trying to make multiple two-handers. I would make my own out of epoxy wound fiberglass, but for NPC usage, I probably need to find something cheaper. Any ideas?

Your going to have trouble finding something that isn't whippy unless you use a decently heavy pipe foam. PVC is going to be your cheapest option though. It's going to be heavy though.

Yeah, I figured. Schedule 80 1/2 diameter (or 3/4) thickwall.... but that's heavy stuff.

I was hoping there was some other genius answer out there.

Back