Um, Not to be a bother, but...

Oh my...
After traveling what seems like days through this confounding fog I seem to have lost my way. Would anybody be kind enough to let me know where exactly I am. The signpost says Dara's Grace? but I am not entirely shore where this is, perhaps I have wondered into the Empire by mistake? If somebody could point me back to mid meadow I would be most appreciative. Perhaps a tavern is in walking distance before I make my way back, the witching hour approaches and I certainly do not want to be outside when it comes..

-Charlais mac Quintella

Hello, sir. The name's Ketemycos, but call me Ket. Or Tem. Or Mycos. Whatever you like, names are fleeting.

You are indeed in Dara's Grace. There's a tavern not too far from here in the small town of Fairedale. Rest assured, you haven't wandered into Galanthia; you're still here in Ashbury. I haven't heard of Mid Meadow, where's that? Also, what do you mean, witching hour?

Oh, well then..

Good day to you my new friend. Thank you ever so much for the speedy response. I've never been to Fairdale, but I will head that way if its safer then being out in the open. I'm not quite sure what a Galanthia is, but I do believe I have heard of the word Ashbury before. If I'm not mistaken I think the clever yet ever so silent Huleen spoke of it once, and if memory serves its in the lands of..oh, what did they call it.. Eye-sin-e-yeah? Please tell me that is not where I am.. the lovely squire Jovunn has some interesting things to say of it. As for mid meadow, it lays between the glorious Kingdom of Islan Tel Nava and the Empire of Tel Al Anor, in Barran, a place where I desperately must return too as soon as I can. Also, how could you not know of the witching hour? The hour between midnight and the first bell of the new day?? Where the dead are free to walk??? Eh gads my good man, now is not the time to play games. Any assistance or recommendations you could offer would be a great help and I would be internally in your debt.

-Charlais mac Quintella

Oh, when you said empire I thought you meant the Galanthian Empire. Haha, yes, you're in Icenia. It seems you've had an unfortunate run-in with the Mists, as they're known. I've met a small number of people from Barran, and you're quite far from home. I hope you are able to accomplish whatever it is you're supposed to do here; I'll help if I can.

You've met Huleen and Jovunn? They're close friends of mine! Huleen is back at Fairedale; I believe Squire Jovunn has duties in the Reclaim. I thought I'd do a little spot of hunting tonight, but that can wait until the morrow. I'll take you back to the Black Stag and you can get food and drink, if you've got coin. First round's on me.

In regards to the "witching hour" of which you speak, I do not know what you are talking about. I do often jest, but about this I'm being completely serious. The dead sometimes walk here, but only if raised by dark casters. It is certainly not a regular occurrence. Do not fear, the worst that will assault you in these woods are trolls and Galanthians. Though now that I think on it, there have been far fewer of both of late. They say the trolls are going underground, and there haven't been too many Galanthians about since the fall of Lochaber.

Say, that's a funny looking bow you've got there... it's so small and awkward-looking. I think Baron Ulthoc has one too.

Charlais!!

I it's me Quyri! I'm glad to hear you found Fairedale. I'll be coming to the gather there in a few days too! Do you need a place to stay? I'm going to grab a room in the back of the tavern and I probably have some extra place in a Ward if you'd like somewhere safe! I hope you brought some tasty drinks! I will have more bolts to give you if you run out!

- Quyri

Charlie!!

Hey it Eitiri. You're in my home lands. We missed you this past gather in Barran. I hope you fair well in Icenia. Seek out my big brother Grim. I'm sure he will help you. Kogara might be there this gather too. I think that you might see some other people you meet in Barran there. I hope to see you soon.

Eitiri

Charlie eh? Well if yer a friend of Eitiris yer a friend o mine. My name is Grim look me up if you need help

Oh, Wonderful! wonderful!

To my friend Ketemycos, thank you for all your help and hospitality. I was able to find and enjoy a safe slumber in your quaint little town. Much to my pleasureful surprise you were correct about the undead staying put during midnight, it seems Icenia has some boons in its own right. As for my bow, my new and true friend, its never a matter of size, but how one aims it.. that lends to how effective it is. You say that a Baron carries one as well? I would very much like to meet him. Jovunn has spoken in great length of the famous "Butt Nobles" that roam the land of Icenia and I am sure they will not disappoint. Either way I am very much looking forward to meeting you in person, and perhaps compare bow sizes when time permits. Until then stay safe, see you soon.

To my fine feathered friend Quyri, it is so good to hear your voice! I shall feel safer knowing your astounding skills with bow and sword shall be with me in a few days time. Oh, and good news! When that fog..mist..low lying obscuring moisture pocket, what eve you wish to call it, scooped me up, it also brought all of my drinks along with me. So I shall announce it here..

Come one, come all, come enjoy the famous, the shameless, the incredibly intoxicate-us Charlais' Traveling Bar! Taste over 10 of the best liquids of what Barran has to offer! Oh and good news... we have the much sought after delicacy, cooked Red Elosdi Eggs! ...chew thoroughly please.

..and of course Quryr our little drink arrangement could continue to stand. I shall see about the lodging when the time comes, until then, be well.

To my dear and lovely Eitiri, and her good brother Grim, done and done..yes and yes... oh and my! I hope to be back in Barran come the next gather, should that pesky "mist" allow me to make the journey through her. Till that time, ta ta and kiss kiss.

- Charlais mac Quintella

Charlie

You might not want to repeat what Jovunn said about the nobles while in these lands. It might get you trouble. Just saying.

Eitiri

You mean it'll get HER in trouble.

Butt-nobles, squire? I require an explanation.

-Dame Ezri

Oh, no

Please do not think I meant any disrespect. The noble that was descibed I believe is no longer a noble at all. I do not know her name, only that she was a butt noble that hit a butt rock with a butt sword. In her defense, the hour was quite late and I had been serving the squire many drinks. She also had many great things to say about her homeland and its lords and ladies. Ever so sorry if I painted a picture of anything but the due respect she, and I hold for your lands and its rulers.

-Charlais mac Quintella

My quarrel is not with you Goodman Charlais. I hope your stay in Icenia is pleasant. If you are in need of anything please see the court of the Ash Forest.

In Squire Jovunn's defense, some notorious few of our number have been quite the dungheads in recent years. I have had worse appellates than "Butt Nobles" for those few, myself.

Welcome to Icenia, Charlais. I would love to hear about your own lands.

Sir Nevin Kendrick
Regent of Ashbury

While I am neither Squire Jovunn's Liege, nor a Paladin, I am one of her Superiors, as well as her Father, and pretty good at investigating things myself if I do say so.

From a third party witness: "It was after a tense amount of combat, and Squire Jovunn was relaxing with battle companions by the firepit. She spoke of certain poor, 'butt-headed' decisions made by Nobles previously in her land. Did the remarks seem crude? Yes. Did they seem treasonous? No... as she is what she is, I would describe them as 'racially appropriate' perhaps. I felt it showed her ability to still connect with common peoples and was more a credit to her than a deficit of character. At the very least I can tell you I was not offended, nor felt a need to correct her statement."

For my purposes, unless my Superiors or a Paladin feels further need to question this further, I consider this matter closed.

Squire Jovunn, "closed" does not mean "resolved"- you are still bound to answer Dame Ezri's questions, as well as any your Liege may have. In my experience, these discussions are often best held privately.

In Honor and Valor,
Baron Ulthoc Nordenn

Baron Ulthoc, did I say anything about treason? I merely requested an explanation.

I look forward to our discussion, squire.

(the voice is VERY faint, as though from a great distance)

Dame Ezri, with all due respect we know I'm not a master wordsmith. I was discussing what happened to the Mons Regalis two years ago while trying to explain how his late Majesty was chosen. I referred to Duchess Jacelyn and ex-Dame Ionna as "butt nobles." It snowballed from there. I assure you, it was nothing more than tired, silly banter. I love my land to which I've sworn fealty. That doesn't mean I'm not going to think it "butt-ly" when people take actions fitting of the description.

I hope you won't find my tone disrespectful. I am very far away through the mists and dreaming like this is difficult. If I ever get these ****ing ************ing mist****ers to let me the *** back to my ****ing land, I will be happy to address any concerns. **** the ****ng mists. I'm never leaving Icenia again.

You know, if I ever get the **** home.

Jovun,
I have been listening to dreams not just here but in other places. Tread carefully...not simply for sake of title. Other lands you have visitied...I have been there too. I had to watch a man die because of words to some of a far lesser nature than those you are engaging with there. Get home soon, your Baron needs you and all your people need you as of last week. Take your last respite and prepare. Call it, just friendly advice and call me fool if you like.

Simon Neville
Sergeant at Arms
Court of the Ash Forest

~No razor so keen as a tear~

The advice of friends I am always willing to consider. The idle threats of cowards I am not. I have heard you, Simon, and I will consider what you've said.

To be eaten by a dragon would be a most valiant way to die, though - don't you think?

With my luck, though, ((the voice becomes suddenly louder)) THESE ******* **** **** ******* MISTS WOULD PICK ME UP IN THE ******* MIDDLE OF IT AND I'D BE HALF-EATEN IN ******* BARRAN AND HALF ALIVE IN ICENIA BECAUSE **** THESE ******* MISTS.

**** **** **** **** **** ****. AAAAAAAAGH. **** YOU, MISTS. **** **** **** PISS FUCKERS **** PISS BALLS.

Sorry.

I just want to come home.

...Squire Jovunn.

Jovunn,

We'd all like for you to come home in one piece. Don't get eaten by a dragon. Or I'll kill you.

Travel safe and be well,
Ruis

Back