v2 Virtual Q&A

Tevas

Scholar
Marshal
Hey everyone!

In an effort to help provide additional opportunities to discuss the v2 rules process, I would like to announce the launch of our v2 Owner / ARC virtual Q&A.

What is it? The virtual Q&A is a discussion through a voice chat program like Skype or WebEx, in which volunteers from the Owners and ARC answer questions on design theory and development behind the v2 ruleset. The particular voice program along with login information (if needed) will be provided as we get closer to the meeting date.

Who is involved? Any players who wish to join are welcome to jump on board, whether you have participated in playtesting so far, or not! The three owners who have volunteered to take part in this discussion are Dan Nickname Beshers, Durnic and Mythic. The ARC representative will be Polare. I will be moderating the discussion as needed.

When will it take place? The Q&A will be held on Tuesday, December 13th at 18:30hrs Pacific / 21:30hrs Eastern. An overall duration has not yet been determined, but it is suggested to set aside a few hours for the full discussion.

How does it work? So in order to ensure that questions can be answered in a thorough and orderly fashion, please submit them to me (Tevas) here on these forums in advance via private message. Please title your messages “Q&A Questions”. As we will need some time to compile the questions and provide them to Owners and ARC volunteers to prepare, I would like to ask that all questions be submitted no later than the end of Wednesday, December 7th. When the meeting begins on the 13th, we will work down the list of questions that have been submitted until they’ve all had a chance to be reviewed. While the meeting is taking place, if there are any follow up questions, I will ask that they be sent to me (Tevas) mid meeting via private message. When the original agenda is finished we will take a short break. After the break, we will go ahead and review the follow up questions until we run out of time.

We appreciate everyone’s efforts to date for their involvement in the v2 playtesting process. We are hopeful that this new opportunity can provide additional insight to those who have been playtesting, and perhaps encourage those who have not yet had the chance to do so to get interested and engaged.

Please note that this topic has been cross-posted to the v2 Playtest boards as well. This post is intended to encourage those who have not yet joined the v2 discussion boards to participate.

Thank you

Chris Fernandez
Alliance San Francisco Playtest Coordinator
Alliance LARP Playtest Community Manager

Hey everyone!

In an effort to help provide additional opportunities to discuss the v2 rules process, I would like to announce the launch of our v2 Owner / ARC virtual Q&A.

What is it? The virtual Q&A is a discussion through a voice chat program like Skype or WebEx, in which volunteers from the Owners and ARC answer questions on design theory and development behind the v2 ruleset. The particular voice program along with login information (if needed) will be provided as we get closer to the meeting date.

Who is involved? Any players who wish to join are welcome to jump on board, whether you have participated in playtesting so far, or not! The three owners who have volunteered to take part in this discussion are Dan Nickname Beshers, Durnic and Mythic. The ARC representative will be Polare. I will be moderating the discussion as needed.

When will it take place? The Q&A will be held on Tuesday, December 13th at 18:30hrs Pacific / 21:30hrs Eastern. An overall duration has not yet been determined, but it is suggested to set aside a few hours for the full discussion.

How does it work? So in order to ensure that questions can be answered in a thorough and orderly fashion, please submit them to me (Tevas) here on these forums in advance via private message. Please title your messages “Q&A Questions”. As we will need some time to compile the questions and provide them to Owners and ARC volunteers to prepare, I would like to ask that all questions be submitted no later than the end of Wednesday, December 7th. When the meeting begins on the 13th, we will work down the list of questions that have been submitted until they’ve all had a chance to be reviewed. While the meeting is taking place, if there are any follow up questions, I will ask that they be sent to me (Tevas) mid meeting via private message. When the original agenda is finished we will take a short break. After the break, we will go ahead and review the follow up questions until we run out of time.

We appreciate everyone’s efforts to date for their involvement in the v2 playtesting process. We are hopeful that this new opportunity can provide additional insight to those who have been playtesting, and perhaps encourage those who have not yet had the chance to do so to get interested and engaged.

Please note that this topic has been cross-posted to the v2 Playtest boards as well. This post is intended to encourage those who have not yet joined the v2 discussion boards to participate.

Thank you

Chris Fernandez

This is great! I'm going to share this to our FB page, and if any of our players have questions, but don't participate in the forums, I'll send them to you on their behalf.

Thanks for doing this, guys!

Bumping this as it is coming up on Tuesday! Share this out to you FB Chapter groups as well. The more the better the discussion.

Have you decided on the software being used?

It looks like we will be using Discord. I will have links available this evening for the server itself, and will be making a formal post in both threads with all necessary information. If you have not used it before, it is incredibly quick to set up, and easy to use.

Hey everyone! Unfortunately a request originating well above my pay grade has been made to temporarily postpone the virtual Q&A date. With the 0.8 cycle having just recently closed, and some critical owner discussions immediately around the corner, it was determined that hosting the Q&A after these follow up talks were had would be far more ideal. This will allow the Q&A to better focus on items being successfully rolled out in the upcoming 0.9 packet, and will have less of a chance of running into items that are about to be discussed, revised or potentially removed.

I wholeheartedly apologize for the temporary postponement of the Q&A, but I fully understand the reasons behind the request. Conducting the Q&A after the upcoming review discussions will allow those owners and ARC members involved to present a more clear picture of the current direction of the v2 transition. A follow up date has not been provided at this point, however as soon as it is made available I will communicate it to everyone here. We feel that there is particular value in hosting a discussion in this live Q&A fashion, and we remain committed to including those who wish to join in the conversation. Please keep your eye out for updates, and thank you again for your continued interest and engagement in the v2 playtesting process.

Thank you

Chris Fernandez

Thanks for the update, Chris. I'll be looking forward to the eventual Q&A.

Back