Very new to the idea of LARP need a few tips and tricks

jquest716

Hi everyone, I have recently become interested in getting involved in LARPing (I hope I am using the term correctly), I have played with the SCA and Dagorhir in my time but nothing solid. I live in NY the Queens area and I would like to know where I would travel to and who I would have to speak to so I can come out to some events and get my feet wet. Well I hope someone can point me in the right direction and thanks for taking the time to read this. -J.

Most likely the New Jersey chapter would be closest for you, probably followed by CT. Both are excellent chapters, check em out! The locations are posted on both chapters' websites, along with schedules. Alliancelarpnj.com and caldaria.com respectively :) have fun and welcome!

Since you're in that area, Alliance Crossroads (Catskills) is also an option. alliancecrossroads.com

We have a train station just nearby, if you need to we can pick you up and drop you off.

And of course, the HQ game has many NY players who can probably assist with rides and such! We have an event this weekend so maybe you can come by and NPC -- it's a great way to get a feel for the game.

Thank-you to everyone who posted back, I plan on writing to both the NJ chapter and the Catskills one in hopes of more info and maybe I can come down and spectate and even talk to a few people. But again thanks for all your help

I grew up in Queens. Welcome!

When I started playing Catskills didn't exist, but I used to drive from Flushing to HQ and NJ pretty regularly. As long as you avoid the Cross Bronx you're fine ;). CT and Catskills also run great games - all worth checking out :)

Back