Vibranium search:

That's because we're in North America, not Wakanda.

I overheard an argument between two budding young nerds:
BYN#1: "Adamantium is the strongest metal there is, that's why Wolverine can't get hurt!"
BYN#2: "Nu uh, Vibranium is stronger because it absorbs vibration, but all of it is in Captain America's shield, so nobody else has any."
I interject: "Uh,aren't you forgetting the Black Panther?"
BYN#2: "Dude, we're talking super heroes. What does the 50s have to do with that? None of us were alive then, duh."
Me: "I'm... I'm 29..."
BYN#2: "So?"
Me: "You're a terrible nerd!"
BYN#1: "We're not nerds! We're talking about super heroes!"

I'm just glad Cap America cured the vibranium cancer.

Actually, to be a complete nerd, there are two types of Vibranium. There's the Wakandan type, used in Captain America's shield, and then there's the sort found in Antarctica, which breaks down the molecular bonds of other metals (including adamantium), causing them to turn to liquid. This apparently includes the iron in human blood, if a Spider Man story dealing with a Tri-sentinel is to be believed. However, the Antarctic vibranium can be turned into unstable Wakandan Vibranium through particle bombardment.

I feel like if I keep reading the posts on this thread I will either be: 1. uber smart, or 2. dumber....hmmm...tough choice

And for the uber nerd moment, Caps shield was an accidental melding of vibranium and adamantium, a process that was never able to be successfully duplicated, but for the movie they simplified the story to "it's vibranium"

Evidently, as of 2011, it has Asgardian Uru in its composition as well.

It's hard to keep up with this guy's shield. He should just render it indesctructible already.

Back