Visitor from the mid-west needs directions

Lurin

Duke
So I've been looking at kick starting my season next year with a trip out to visit you fine Oreganders (Oreganians, Oregonians?) I was hoping on getting some assistance, such as what airport would be best to fly into and a ideally find someone that might be willing to give my traveling Rabbitkin a ride from the airport to site.

I generally will take Friday off and fly in on an earlier flight so hopefully whoever picks me up would not be missing anything.

Otherwise, anything I should know about the sleeping arraignments for a Jan event? How cold does it get etc?

Oregonians, is the correct one. :)

PDX, Portland Airport, is the best airport for you to fly into. Site is about two and half hours from it.

As for sleeping arrangements, our last event at this site went over capacity. It is quiet possible that this may happen again for the January event. The best way for the staff to be able to gauge this is if people pre-reg, as soon as possible. I would post IG and OOG about looking for a place to sleep, most of the PCs/players are happy to help you out with that.

As to the weather, you should expect rain, snow, or a mixture of the two, with some ice. It will probably be in the 30s for highs and the 20s for lows. The site is located in a high desert climate, so it can get very very cold during winter. If you would like to look at weather for the site, the site is located in Goldendale, WA.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions. :)

That very much helps! Looking at the flight system looks like I would arrive around 11:20 AM if I make the first flight, so I just need to find a ride, and possibly some folks that could spare a bit of extra bedding.

Good to hear from you again, David. Bedding is not a problem, I carry 3 fleece blankets, comforter, and can always pack in my sleeper. I also pack my cot if things look tight.
As for rides, I might be able to pack you in. Hopefully we can find someone with definite room though.

Failing that, I'm sure I can hitchhike, Who wouldn't want to give a Rabbit a ride?

Admit it, Dave, you were just sad that you hadn't met all of my characters yet so you *had* to come out to Oregon to meet my Dark Elf :)

It'll be cool to see you there!

-Bryan

A follow up question - Are the cabins heated/have eletrical outlets? I'm trying to determine what to Tetris into my new luggage.

The cabins are heated, but they do not have electrical outlets, unless you bring a light bulb converter with the electrical outlets on it. If you do be sure to get the one with the chain so that you can still turn the light off and not the electrical outlets. :)

Back