Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 Days of Summer

• A Serious Man

• Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
OK, this poll is based on which movies got the best reviews overall according to Rotten Tomatoes' web page. The list is in order of the score they got. In other words, according to the critics, "Up" was the best film last year, followed by "The Hurt Locker" and so on. (I only counted the big releases, not the minor little art films or documentaries that hardly played anywhere).

I know this list doesn't list all your favorites (or mine for that matter).

FROM THIS LIST, which one do you like the best?

And for discussion, what does your 2009 Top Ten list look like? (Here's a good list of films that were released in 2009: http://boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2009&p=.htm )

Re: Best Movie of 2009

I haven't seen enough movies this year. I tend to catch up years later after seeing them on DVD. But, of the ones I saw that were released in 2009, here's my top ten list:

1. Inglorious Basterds
2. Up
3. Star Trek
4. Coraline
5. The Princess and the Frog
6. District 9
7. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
8. Avatar
9. Monsters verses Aliens
10. Angels and Demons

Watchmen?

Watchmen was fantastic - I highly recommend it. Also, I really liked Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - it's a childish movie, but it has some great characters, scenes, quotes, and is really entertaining for all ages.

That being said, the vast majority of the movies on this list are excellent - I enjoyed all of them, which makes it really hard to pick between them.

Fearless Leader said:
I keep going back and forth between Up and Basterds. I've just seen Basterds a week ago, so maybe I just need more time to digest it.
I like Basterds in an arthouse film kind of way. Spaghetti Western in Nazi Germany played well, but like I said, Up actually made me care (and cry... just a little).

Here is my top 5 list for 2009:

Taken
Sherlock Holmes
Watchmen
Up

I agree about "Up" being really touching.

Tried to vote for Up but got an error. :cry:

Mendacity said:
Watchmen was fantastic - I highly recommend it. Also, I really liked Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - it's a childish movie, but it has some great characters, scenes, quotes, and is really entertaining for all ages.

That being said, the vast majority of the movies on this list are excellent - I enjoyed all of them, which makes it really hard to pick between them.

If you liked Watchmen, you should read the Wild Cards series. It is like Watchmen++.

-MS

i liked 9

Back