Not open for further replies.

evi1r0n

Baron
So ARB says:
"This spell magically seals a single room
or an entire building. The object so affected
must be an actual unmovable structure such as
a building, a tent, or an unmovable wagon."

Does that mean it is impossible to ward a single room on a boat, floating castle, transport of some kind?

Also if an explosion goes off or the building catches fire, is a warded room inside the structure immune to the fire/explosion?

A strict reading of the RAW would suggest that rooms on boats (even boats at sea themselves), floating castles, and the like are invalid targets, and that structures under a Ward effect are indestructible to fire/explosion. That said, ylpmv. (your local plot may vary)

Upvote 0
Right there with JP, the navy is the most hazardous mode of service. All hail the glorious dead!

Upvote 0
I'd also want a good definition of 'unmovable'. Given a couple horses and some good tackle, I don't think there's such a thing as an unmovable wagon.

Upvote 0
I would imagine that the spirit of the rule is to have a ward remain in place. The idea being that you cannot move about an indestructible 'base of operations'. I'd imagine that all of the above examples would be valid targets as long as they didn't go anywhere during the event and I'd say that a permanent ward (if such a thing exists) would fix that structure in place.

But as JP said, ylpmv.

Maybe a change to the rule wording saying that once a ward is cast in or upon a structure, it cannot move until that ward is removed. Of course then people will want a definition of what constitutes a structure because someone will want to ward their sleeping bag...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back