Wards

For sale. Price negotiable, but generally about a gold per person in the Ward (since rounding up more people is a bigger pain) up to about five or six, at which point I cap it off, unless your group is a real pain. Components are preferred payment, generally 1 or 2 will do it, depending on the rarity and type. I'll do Wizard Locks, too, for about half the price. Let me know as soon as possible.
~Kerjal

obcidian;18239 said:
For sale. Price negotiable, but generally about a gold per person in the Ward (since rounding up more people is a bigger pain) up to about five or six, at which point I cap it off, unless your group is a real pain. Components are preferred payment, generally 1 or 2 will do it, depending on the rarity and type. I'll do Wizard Locks, too, for about half the price. Let me know as soon as possible.
~Kerjal

If I may ask, what's a Wizard Lock? and no insult is meant by this, but honestly, what's to stop you from creating a ward and then removing it later at your whim?

Cerulean Jax;18240 said:
If I may ask, what's a Wizard Lock? and no insult is meant by this, but honestly, what's to stop you from creating a ward and then removing it later at your whim?

Cerulean,

For reference:

Wizard Lock is an 8th circle spell. It may be removed by Dispel. Once cast, it is visually indistinguishable from Ward.

Ward is a 9th circle spell. It may not be removed by anything short of Ritual Magic, even by the caster. Thus, Kerjal would likely spend far more to remove a Ward he might cast for you than he would get from whatever is inside the Ward.

For those who are curious, Kerjal's prices are comparable to mine (my usual is a flat 3 gold for those who reserve ahead of time, 5 gold for those who don't). If you are a (relative) newcomer and do not know Kerjal Obcidian, he is generally known as a steadfast, quality caster. I would (and have in the past) trust his Wards.

-Polare

Ah, that I could remove Wards at my whim. I trust that Polare has answered your question to your satisfaction, I cannot think of anything of consequence to the average traveler to add. I reccomend Wards for just that reason, well, that and not only is it difficult for me, as the caster, to drop a Ward, but it is equally difficult for anyone to do so. However not everyone has the means to pay for a Ward, or the contacts, in some cases, and so Wizard's Locks are quite literally 'the poor man's Ward.' Which I am more then capable of dropping 'at my whim' should I choose to do so, but so is anyone else.
As Polare said, the key is that no one can tell the difference between the two without trying to destroy it. And of course, although I didn't say so, I wouldn't tell anyone whether you had purchased a Ward or a Wizard's Lock, as discression is part of what you get in the deal. Besides, who would buy building defenses from a disreputable source?
~Kerjal

At this time I have allocated 4 Wards, I only have 4 more to offer. If you are interested, contact me as soon as possible.
~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi
Sorcerer of the Split Sky

Back