Warlords Crusade Leather on NBC's Revolution

Ithica

Adept
Well quite often i get emails about aspiring directors writing plots and pilots to make web series. About a year and a half ago, i received a specific one about how the world goes dark, no power and then militias take over. The Guy asked me if i could design and make various suits of armor, belts and baldrics. Low and behold My friend is watching Revolution on NBC the other night, he recognizes some pieces and called me this morning. I just watch 4 episodes... well more like skimmed through. And Bamm! The breastplates in the first episode at the very beginning, episode 3 a belt, and episode 4 one of my brown baldrics. I am guessing NBC must of picked up this guys script,pilot.. or however it works.
Now Im not interested in money or anything. But would I have to contact NBC in order to be granted permission to put this information on my website and facebook? Could I make demand that they grant proper acknowledgement and credit to me?
Again, im not looking to sue or get in some big legal mumbo jumbo, I really am just humbled and flattered. And would like nothing else, other then to put this information in my credentials in hopes finding more clients in the big screen or Tv industry.

-Toddy

This unfortunately could be a tricky issue. It all depends on how NBC handles it. I'm no entertainment lawyer, but I suggest presenting it to them not as a request, but as a well worded acknowledgement from a position of power. Send them a nicely worded letter stating that you saw some of your pieces of work as costuming in the series and have information (keep it vague what info you have) that those are indeed pieces of your creation/design, so you will state as much on your website. It is neutral, declarative, and bounces the ball into their court. If you can, try to send it to the production team for the show rather than corporate HQ, I think they'd be more receptive.

Go Toddy! You might IMDB the costume designer, send her some information on the other things you can make and custom stuff you've designed (hopefully you kept pictures). It's always easier to have someone skilled make things as a costume designer than learn how to do it yourself, especially for really niche things like armor.

Back