Waystones

Kitaruen

Knight
The Solars Guild of Wayside would like to remind you to take care of the precious gift that was freely given to you all.
A primed waystone was delivered last market. The waystone simply needs to be planted in the ground and activated using 150 levels of formal from either earth or celestial schools. We even offered to provide 60 levels of the amount needed.

What is known is that you failed to activate it and in fact left it in front of the tavern just laying on the ground. Once active it cannot be moved but inactive and unguarded simply inviting theft is unacceptable. If it was not for Mercurian Master Jan Jaeger's vigilance the waystone could of been lost, stolen, or even destroyed. The town of Westhaven and the adventurers have solely dissapointed us. Please do not do so again. We will redeliver the Waystone however it is now 1 gold for every level of formal that the Guild must provide. With that said any guildmembers who are adventurers are welcome to donate their services.

Working towards a glorious and better future,
Solar of Peace Yolan Vassil

Solar Vassil,

I am sorry this happened. I will be traveling to Wayside to help ensure this gift is properly handled with respect and proper care and freely lend my full formal capacities to this endeavor.

Lord Enan, Sera Liddia, Circle Master, I can be at your service for a short time either late Friday night or in the morning on Saturday. If you have need of me, between the 4 of us we are the vast majority of the way to accomplishing this goal, perhaps with 1 or 2 others of some skill we can make sure this gets done.

Thanks,

Sir Jeyhan Wildweaver

Solar Vassil,

I deeply apologize that such an occurrence happened. Thank you for such a wonderful present. If it is possible, can you send me a pigeon with what is required to actually activate the Waystone, so we can make sure this wonderful gift is activated as soon as possible, for the benefit of both guilds? Or will a member of the Solars Guild be present to describe the process to us, once we send a pigeon to alert you to the fact that we are ready?

Again, thank you for such a wonderful gift.

Sincerely,

Circle Master Eric Marsters
Greater Earth Guild of Terna

It is a ten minute ritual in which all the casters must concentrate and call upon their magics to empower the waystone. The waystone should be placed onto the ground, a circle than should be put up. The magics will bond it to the land so it cannot be moved and than will activate it. Vary simple.

The ritual does not require formal links or any specific components or catalysts. It simply needs 150 levels of formal freely mixed and given to be focused upon it. The waystone will than form and link the magics as it needs.

The unique nature of the ritual makes it quite stable. If enough formal is gathered the ritual will be successful, however the magics in play are so titanic backlashes of a horrible magnitude are possible.

Sincerly,
Solar Yolan Vassil

Also an apprentice will deliver the waystone on Friday at some point.

Solar Vassil,

What happened last market day was incredibly unacceptable, and I apologize wholeheartedly that it happened. I am not from your lands, however I am deeply invested in the waystones where I come from and I would be quite interested in learning more. If you have the time, perhaps we could communicate via pigeon until I am able to travel the mists once again.

Safe Travels,
Banradi

Solar Vassil,

What sort of preparation is needed to help activate the stone. For example, how would one focus their magics?

Sera Eldandiril Zanabanath

Sera Zanabanath,

I do not believe that we have formally met, but I may be able to provide some insight on this matter, as I have performed this same ritual back home placing stones on the other planes. I would imagine the process is slightly different on the prime plane, as well as in Wayside, but to focus my magics I sort of imagine setting up a stone as putting a puzzle together... The energy it takes to put a stone together is already out there, you just have to focus on "finding and placing the other pieces together" or rather, help solidify the link of the magic to the plane and form the stone. It takes great focus and concentration to figure out how and where to put the pieces, but as with all things, you learn the most by actually doing.

Safe Travels,
Banradi

Banradi,

We have indeed met, more likely in Asyll. Thank you for your personal insight, as I have never tried to move or plant a waystone before, my personal knowledge in them extends mostly to their use. I am not entirely sure how the magics will work but what you say has been helpful to me.

Thank you,

Sera Eldandiril Zanabanath

Banradi and Elle,

I must admit that my skills in formal lie only in book knowledge and what my fellows in the guild tell me. It seems like your summary of the magics in play, and the way to focus them is accurate. But again I must yield the floor to experienced formalists on this. I understand it is quite a complex question in this case and that the waystone itself will guide much of how the magics work. It simply needs the raw material to work with. I hope that makes sense... You see my skills lie elsewhere as I am a mathemetician, accountant, diplomat, and ofcourse scroll making. That is my truest passion, as it is art and magic in one.

Sincerly
Solar Yolan Vassil

Solar Vassil,
I could not agree with you more, and it is quite a lovely way to put it... The waystones are definitely a beautiful combination of art and magic.

Sera Eldandiril,
I am glad that it was of use. How did the casting of the ritual go? I am quite intrigued.

Best Wishes,
Banradi

Back