We may have a Name...

I shall not be at our next gather, but i thought it best to pass on what I've discovered. I speak in regards to news that may have great impact.

I may have a name for the leader of all vampires.

I cannot say how or where or why, but I was able to meet with the spirit of the last Ofanrikr of Strykehjem. (Last leader of the greatest dwarven empire of the Grimere Expanse) The Last Overdwarf, Nebuchadnezzar. Through description and recounting, the Overdwarf told tale of first arriving in the "plaguelands" and the fights they fought against the vampires. The vampires and blightlings were scattered until he rallied them.
“The Rat King. The First Vampire. Maverick. He had rallied what scattered vampire clans and plaguelings were left and mounted a fierce resistance. My best soldiers crashed upon him and crumpled. Never before have I seen undead fight so fiercely. You see, Elias, when facing a vampire in combat, they don’t care enough. They know that eventually you will die, and they will remain. Even when they are defeated, they have that same look. This is their ultimate weakness. But behind their eyes I could see they truly believed. Believed in him, the First. That is what made the conflict with them so deadly. I commanded my dwarves to fight on regardless. My dwarves feared not the lash of disobedience. What they feared was my divine power. My unstoppable force against his immovable spirit.”
The First was apparently quite polite in diplomatic meetings, being neither rude nor angry. "He just seemed... forlorn." The fighting continued until Mt. Kaise's destruction and the fall of Strykehjem. The destruction of Mt. Kaise the Overdwarf swears was done by the vampires.

That's what I've got. I personally believe Maverick is a name, and that the vampires may have collapsed the greatest dwarven empire in Grimere Expanse history. The Scepter of the Ofanrikr, Veldrach, is said to be hidden in the ruins of Mt. Kaise. I think the Veldrach is either used by or in control of Maverick.

Can confirm the name Maverick as the name of the leader of the vampires.

Back