weapon covers

norman b

Squire
Hi, new player here.

I was reading the rules and I see that weapon slip covers are allowed (which is great), but it kind of implies that i have to cover the weapon in duct tape before sheathing it. Is it acceptable to make the weapon without duct taping the whole thing (using the smallest amount possible) and cover it with say a microfiber stocking? I have done this in another larp and it works great for building a weapon due to being lighter and actually softening the impact of the weapon due to the duct tape not hardening with time and temperature drop.

Also is graphite golf clubs cleared as core?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I checked the rules section and couldn't quite find this exact clarification.

Thanks before hand,
Norman

Yup all that is fine just make sure to pad the core at both ends so it cannot poke through. Also open cell foam tips of at least 1" 1/2 inches are required at both ends of the weapon as per the rule book. The cover cannot be white though unless you have a magic weapon.

Also your weapon will still be subject to inspection at an event so be ready to fix it on site. But follow the rules in the book and you should be good.

Actually, a 2" thrusting tip is required on the striking end of the weapon. You may additionally pad the pommel with 2" of open cell foam. If you choose to forego the pommel padding, the weapon may not be used for the skill Waylay.

The cover can be any color you want. White is no longer restricted.

Well if I were to make claws they are not used for waylay in the first place. Right?

Norman B said:
Well if I were to make claws they are not used for waylay in the first place. Right?

Correct. I made my own claws without waylay tips for that very reason. Claws DO have to be red. Of course, I suppose valentine's time would be the right time to go finding red tights if you were not inclined to sew your own.

Back