weapon foam question

Status
Not open for further replies.
how thick is the foam on weapons
have to be now? like say for a sword

jpariury said:
5/8" along the striking surface is the minimum.

I've seen less pass (and disagree with them). It should be 5/8" but I guess its up to your local chapter.

Upvote 0
Unless this was changed somewhere and I missed it, there's no "discretion" for striking surfaces. All striking surfaces must be covered in a minimum of 5/8" padding. This includes latex weapons striking surfaces, which was included in the most recent addendum.

~Joe

Upvote 0
right, but for latex weapons the 'striking surface' can be considered the 'edge' of the blade so the weapon can have less than 5/8 of an inch foam padding on the 'flat' or whatever. At least that's how I understand the interpretation so as to allow commercially produced latex weapons.

Upvote 0
Morai said:
Unless this was changed somewhere and I missed it, there's no "discretion" for striking surfaces. All striking surfaces must be covered in a minimum of 5/8" padding. This includes latex weapons striking surfaces, which was included in the most recent addendum.

~Joe

You are 100% correct Joe...but even some weapons in NJ do not have 5/8" foam (can't remember exactly which ones, but I have seen them).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back