Weapons question

Luther

Hello!

My name is Matthew and I just had a couple quick weapons question. There is a pretty big local comicbook expo here in calgary and a few of my friends and I are dressing up as Game of Thrones characters. We thought it would be a waste to only use the costumes once so we started looking into LARPing. I've now got the book and had a couple of questions about weapons.

My friend bought the really cool LARP sword and I was wondering if because we all start out with daggers, he would need to leave the sword behind or if the sword could act as a dagger? Also if he needs to wait and buy a sword what would the (ball park) cost be? Would it be something we could afford fairly quickly?

Thank you so much for you time!

Luther,

There is no requirement to start only with daggers, the vast majority of players start with a One-Handed Edge Skill and can use a short sword. That said if you do only have the skill for daggers, you will not be able to use a short sword length rep.

If you choose not to start with the skill, your average player will likely have funds for multiple swords by the end of their first event, and most older players will be happy to help provide you one if you cannot afford it.

-Dave G
Alliance Southern MN.

Thank you. I remember reading something about starting of with nothing but "12 coppers and a dagger" but I'm glad to here that is flexible.

That was a sample story, and not at all a requirement. My first character started with a bow, a quiver of arrows and 3 spells. You can spend that 15 build however you like.

Or better yet, NPC an event or two first to gain a little more build (your first event nets you 10 if it's a whole weekend), as well as some practice playing, learning the rules and finding out what style you might like before creating the character.

Yeah in the Calgary Chapter you start with one weapon appropriate to the weapon skill you start with. Looking forward to more new players in our chapter!

Back