Weavers of bad rhyme and rhythm wanted...

LRWerewolf

I figured I was having such fun with a little project that I thought I'd share the idea and see what comes of it! If anyone wants to try some word craft please read on...

I'm working on some scroll phys reps, and I felt like just writing the regulation incant lacked flair, and I like my magic to have flair. So I decided to create some basic poem-scrolls with the following rules:

1.) There must be a rhyme scheme of SOME sort or another, the more contrived the better. Rhymes can be close but not exact if necessary. (Try finding an exact rhyme for 'wounds'...)
2.) Rhythm is unimportant, but favorable.
3.) The final line MUST be the regulation incantation for the spell ("With eldrich force I build a light!", for example, for a light scroll)
4.) It must have one line for every level of the spell, plus the actual incant (so Wizard Lock, a C8 spell, would have nine lines total, eight lines of flair plus the incant)

Also -- Earth Casters, please don't feel left out. Though earth magic doesn't use scrolls, we can still be creative with our spell casting, so feel free to contribute if the mood strikes -- never know, you might find someone muttering your poem before calling out the incant and lobbing their packet.

I intend to print some scrolls on 1/4 sheets of vellum (4.25" x 5.5", meeting regulation size) and even go so far as to glue them up to some dowel rods to produce traditional dual-roll scrolls, albeit obviously small ones, and put them in leather scroll cases.

Here's what I've got so far:

Light (C1)
Draw down the Moon, make darkness bright
"With Eldrich force I build a Light!"​

Stone Bolt (C1)
Force of Land kick like a colt
"I call forth a stone bolt!"​

Lightning Bolt (C2)
By raging cloud comes forceful jolt
Let torrent rain and bring you pain,
"I call forth a Lightning Bolt!"​

Wizard Lock (C8)