Wedding time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solveig smiles, remembering the conversation at the fire.
“Actually I do, I would suggest speaking to Judas. He spends his days in our garden usually. If we don’t have any, he would very likely be able to locate them for you.”
Solveig pauses, frowning slightly.
“I know there has been much talk regarding my intentions with marrying Sarryn, whether it be for money or influence. I can truly say, I love him and that’s all that comes down to. I’m marrying him because we are at war, and if we don’t do it now, we may never get that chance...”
She trails off and shudders, remembering the sensation of going through the circle.

Calan nods in agreement.

“It is more honest I think in a way to live in the moment. Plenty of people fail to let go of things in the past they focus on what should have or could have been; another lot will focus too much on the future worried about what they want and what should be. Both sets of people miss the now ironically ensuring that in the future you won’t get what you want and you will look back and dream about what could have been.”

Calan drums his fingers on the table a moment.

“Thank you for your hospitality, I think I should go take a nap now there are things I really ought to be doing right now that will require me to be my full self. Like practicing my instrument.” Calan gave a wink.

Calan forced a smile, it wasn’t meant to be a fake smile, he truly was happy for his friend. The issue was more he was having a harder time being happy at all. Ever since the reaches last month Calan had been stuck in a loop unable to stop thinking about the forgotten shard. His own flesh burning off his bones just as his spirit shattered. The events of the other night felt very similar and now it was all the more difficult not to think about it.

“Lady Illandra,” Calan nods his head a bit at her. “Always a pleasure.” He faces his friend “and if there is anything more I can do for you don’t hesitate to let me know. I don’t intend to take any long walks this month so I should be easy enough to find.” Calan smirks “it would be bad form to worry Rohnan and Phalaenopsis again so soon.” Calan now starts laughing “then again if I got grounded again I wouldn’t have to play music at your wedding.”

Solveig smiles. “Indeed we are. Never thought that I’d fine myself here. But I am so very happy to find myself marrying my love.”
She leans back and sips her coffee. “Speaking of which, I wonder what’s taking him so long.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back