We're the brotherhood...

Good evenin' everyone! Good folk-a Wayside... I am terribly sorry t' intrude on wha'eva lovely thing you may or may not be dreaming of at the moment...
My name's Vaughn, though you'll all know me as Vexx. I'm one-a them Brothers you just might of heard of, or even had the opportunity t' fight beside... Well, ye' see, the lads n' I-'ve been chattin' (as we oft do) an' we don't much care for this silly misnomer we've heard driftin' about...what is it? The EN-glish Men?

None among us can say what one-a these "englishes" is, or how it is you would "english" someone... So's it, like...A noun or an adjective? Or is it that we're the englishes? Or we en-GLISH people?

I'm gettin' off-a subject...I need t' stop drinkin' me'self asleep...

Anyhow...way we figure, best way to end all this nonsense is to do a little public relations, yeah? Get out there, n' kiss hands, n' shake babies, n' all that! So in ordah t' finally put the record straight, here's the bare facts...

We're The Brotherhood, or "The Brothers" if ye prefer to save a syllable. We're a newly formed group, an' you'll recognize a Brother by the circular green patch he wears. The patch bears four white fists, whose arms are blades, pointed outward crosswise; this symbol is how we define ourselves, y'see? The fist symbol represents the strength of our bond, and the outward facing blades represent what we must do to protect that bond.

Allow me the cliche t' tell ye that even though we consider ourselves a guild, we're much more than that...we're a family.

The foundin' members of The Brotherhood (that's Kael, Keeper, Cleaver, and me'self), were all drifting when we met, all for different reasons. We 'ad a rather spectacular carriage crash over the end of a cliff... an' were subsequently found, healed, n' brought to town by Kalin of guild Life Storm...kind soul that he is. When we had our first market day at Encampment 42, we saw a great stirring in the land, and in the people, too. We saw gold pieces dropping on the ground, and we saw a damn good opportunity to get a few of our own. We fought alongside adventurers young n' old those two days, and saw plenty-a potential in them as well. We never been much for politics n' such, but there were plenty of people we deemed "worth fighting near" or "worth drinking with". (You hafta understand, that's a grand compliment comin' from us.) An' so, having had our fun, we found ourselves in the midst of a great struggle against dark forces the likes-a which we never seen before. There was a sword...an' something about magical bonds n' somethin'...anyhow, some folks had taken to thinkin' we was brothers from how we was carryin' on, n' so the sword thought we was brothers too...

Thas' where the whole family bit started, see? We realize, we're good together...damn good. We got no dreams of owning lands n' castles, no want for power other than to protect ourselves, and no desire for the nobles' politics. Gold looks plenty pretty sittin' in a tent, don't need fancy dressin' to perk it up any. Gold buys beer... And intoxicants... And makes a man damn good lookin' to the right (or wrong) women. We fight for each other, we fight for the thrill, we fight for the people, but we don't fight for anyone who makes demands.

Ye wanna chat? Have a drink? Hear a yarn about how much beer three cart horses can drink? Come on, have a seat... But if yer lookin' for heroes, ye've come to the wrong table...

If'n you like t' ask The Brotherhood anything, just anything a'tall, go right ahead, and one of us lads'll get ye an answer just as quick as we can.

And just so we're clear, the current members are as follows:
Vexx - Member
Kael - Member
Keeper - Member
Cleaver - Member (whereabouts currently unknown)
Dont - Member (ceremony pending)
Gnot - Member (ceremony pending)
Nyio - Initiate (promotion pending)
Runt - Associate (confirmation pending)

Thanks fer yer time folks...sweet dreams, yeah?

Pleasure to meet you Vaughn. I"m sure the Brotherhood is in good hands indeed.

- Wein

-Vexx

Twas a pleasure running with you and your brothers this market day. I was quite impressed by the skills your group brought into the fray. Grow a beard and work on your drinking, and you lot could be half decent Dwarves.

Now we just need you guys to donate your toothpicks to your daughters and get ya some fine Dwarven Steel!

-Draco Ardel

Back