What do you sleep in?

evi1r0n

Baron
I always joke with my friends that you know you've gone hardcore when you have IG pajamas. I think that IG sleepwear can add a lot to immersion, what do you think?

I am also curious, what do you all sleep in at game?

I rock a long black night shirt that was custom made for me. I had the night shirt made because it would fit two different characters I play in two different games.

I think having IG sleepwear is a nice touch which allows you to fight when you hear "I rift in 1..."

I typically sleep in a pair of plain grey pajama pants and no shirt at game. It's not exactly in whatever period we're sorta approximating, but they're not an obvious anachronism and they give me a bit of coverage if I do have to jump right out of bed and fight.

I'm working on finding a good night shirt and night cap for my PC to sleep in (also to have spirit locked so he's not indecent like the rest of you savages when he resurrects).

I am renowned in SoMN and Chicago for sleeping under tables and similar non-bunk locations (such locations are usually far cooler - temperature wise, anyway - than people-filled cabin rooms, and I usually go to sleep so late that I don't like to clatter around in the dark and accidentally wake people up in my cabin), and it has become such a common occurrence for me that I don't actually bring a sleeping bag or pillow to events anymore. This being said, my "I'm goin' to sleep" practice is usually just me collapsing into sleeping with all my usual clothes on, including boots, belt pouches, etc.

So it's partially out of exhaustion-based laziness and also so that when I am seen in an in-game area while sleeping, I look completely in-game.

! I have never even thought about in-character PJs! *adds to list of things to consider for eventual PC*

I bring sweats or spare pajama pants because they are single color and not likely to look too out-of-game to give anyone any pause. Especially since it's night time and all, as long as you don't see the dangly-bits, I don't think anyone minds too much. :D

Cold weather: green plaid fleece pants.
Warm weather: my kilt or body suit shorts.

Usually? Full costume. It makes getting up and back into character slightly easier. And since I usually forget blankets and pillows, it helps keep me warm.

I know it breaks immersion, but I sleep in comfy pj pants and a black tank top. Generally with my florals out. I, personally, am not a morning person -at all- and need at least until I've had a shower or coffee {whichever's first} to function. So yeah, getting back into character after sleep is a thing, so I tend to make it pretty clear I'm not.

This will probably change as I go along and get better at staying in character when I wake up >.>

I have an ingame set of pj's with a small waist pouch hooked around my stomach that has a couple of "crap, battle going outside/thing rifting in/need to be ready now items for when I need them.

I sleep in my game clothes for the next day and any armor, clinging to my bow with arrow and spell packets under my pillow.

I'm not paranoid.

Bones sleeps in the buff. So I bought some tight dark green sweat pants and a dark green long sleeved tight shirt. As a matter of fact, at the last event I was out of my cabin in all of Bones' glory and got some really horrified stares by some of the other players.

My next goal is to airbrush some muscle definition on the cloth... make it look more believable. Though someone told me I should put a loin cloth on the front of my pants for realism sake.

We have a high orc npc in Traverse that had his... "you know what" silvered. He now wears a chrome dagger physrep hanging from his belt... Just sayin'.

And here I thought Orcs reproduced by budding.... ;) That said, the jumpsuit for sleeping is a wonderful idea I'm going to steal Paul.

I sleep in my under armor (character's skin) and a nightie that I bought for her. Also every magic item necklace I have, I wake myself up when I roll over :)

Back