What equipment is needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shogun99

So i am new to Alliance LARP and i was wondering what are the bare minimal gear requirements needed to join one of the larps?
As of now i dont have anything so i am needing to know so i can go and get the stuff that i need.
i know you need a weapon and a larp costume but anything else?

Welcome to Alliance!

The first thing, and by far the most important thing you'll need, is to get a copy of the Alliance Rule Book. It's available for sale in dead tree and e-book form at http://alliancelarp.com/books.php and it makes it SO much easier to know what you're getting into when you have the rules in front of you!

The second thing you might consider is trying your hand at playing as an NPC (non-player character) for your first event or two. There really isn't a better way to get into the game and get a feel for the rules and for the people you'll be playing the game with, and best of all, you don't have to pay to volunteer as an NPC or even bring your own weapons and armor.

Go to the chapter-specific section of the forums for the chapter closest to where you live. There will be contact information for your local chapter's staff, and most chapters have a New Player liaison and/or a Customer Service representative who can answer your questions in the best way possible. Feel free to poke around the forums here as well, and people will be glad to help you!

Definitely pick up a copy of the rule book first. Hope to see you on the field!

Evan Tessier
NH Plot Staff

If you scroll down on the main page, you'll see a list of all the chapters, and putting up a post like this in your local out of game boards will get you more specific information.

Some chapters have a new player representative that can tell you about things like necessary sleeping gear, or local pointers (here in San Francisco we tell you to bring bug spray and not eat bananas because they attract our resident mosquito population!)

I created a list of items to bring for the Southern Minnesota chapter on our website. This should give you a general idea: http://mnalliance.com/new-players/faqs/ ... o-an-event

In general, NPCs require less gear as the chapter's monster camp will provide all weaponry and costuming (except for your base layer of clothes of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back