What kind of relevant, unique groups are at your chapter?

My chapter is in its infancy and there aren't very many organizations at all. Almost all of the proposed organizations are merchanting or profession related. But in other chapters, I've heard of gambling guilds and the such that are non-obvious, relevant and unique. If there's something neat like that in your chapter, come here and brag about it :p

There is a Funerary guild in our local chapter - their duty is to collect the bodies of the 'intelligent races' (aka PC races) and to cremate them. Sometimes the stronger bipedal creatures are also cremated by them. All of this is to cut back on undead walking about (amongst other plot reasons). Unfortunately, no PC can join it - or I should say that the two times I inquired about it, I was informed by the NPC head of it in the town we're in that it's a family business and there are no positions available.

I recently started a lowbie group of freedom fighters (for lack of a better term). It's a way to have strength in numbers and fight for a cause.

let see in Caldaria there is....the Mages Guild, Healers Guild, Merchants Guild, The Watch (town guard)..The Scared Leigion sort of a Swat/Need to get this done group that might end with you rezzing....and there are hints of a Thieves Guild...so there are a few different guilds you could get into...

In Ashbury we have:

The Ducal Army Legion D Vex Squad The Untiring Phalanx (basically the main amry unit)
The Three Noble Groups (Nordenn, Ash Forest, Blythdale)
The Stormblades (possibly the largest adventuring group)
The Guilds (Healers and Mages)
Black Forest

These are the main groups that I see often.

David_Aselrik said:
My chapter is in its infancy and there aren't very many organizations at all. Almost all of the proposed organizations are merchanting or profession related. But in other chapters, I've heard of gambling guilds and the such that are non-obvious, relevant and unique. If there's something neat like that in your chapter, come here and brag about it :p

Where is there a gambling guild? That sounds like a lot of fun.

MKing said:
let see in Caldaria there is....the Mages Guild, Healers Guild, Merchants Guild, The Watch (town guard)..The Scared Leigion sort of a Swat/Need to get this done group that might end with you rezzing....and there are hints of a Thieves Guild...so there are a few different guilds you could get into...

It's just a typo, but we don't want people in other chapters to misunderstand -- we have a SCARRED Legion ... otherwise it sounds very wierd that there would be this legion of frightened people who are the GO TO group for important challenges when they are really valiant, and often very experienced adventurers, who take on some of the most dangerous tasks in the area.

Ondreij said:
MKing said:

It's just a typo, but we don't want people in other chapters to misunderstand -- we have a SCARRED Legion ... otherwise it sounds very wierd that there would be this legion of frightened people who are the GO TO group for important challenges when they are really valiant, and often very experienced adventurers, who take on some of the most dangerous tasks in the area.

yes..it was a typo... :lol: ..... the post got eaten by the unknown the first time I typed it out...so I redid it quick...thats what I get.... :lol:

wolfan said:

In SF there is a group that gambles every chance they get and the "leader" of this informal group always bring up his dice or cards and comes up with games that never seems to have the same rules twice... kind of fun to play just to wast time waiting for logistics to not be so backed up... but not think ill ever see a day where the house is not the winner in the end.

wolfan said:
David_Aselrik said:

Well, there's the House of Games in Traverse City...

In SF we have a several groups and organizations:
House Phoenix, the local PC-led noble house
The Parna Military, the official army of the Empire
The League of the Silver Fox, a new group of low-level adventurers
The Celestial Consortium
The Hospice Guild (fixed)
and there's probably a couple more I don't know about because I've only been playing for six months.

Anazstaizia said:
In SF we have a several groups and organizations:
The Healer's Guild

its called the hospice guild, anyhow there is the Funerary guild as mark said, as well there is a informal group for gambling run by one of the long time high levels ...
there is allo a informal group thows who work as crypt sweepers for a NPC known as wilf... not every one dose this job thows that do do it often... but its not the kind of group u sign up for its more the kind of group you just are a part of or not....

there is a NPC run town guard, not much more then the old drunks given something to do to feel useful... not that they are lol
then there is the sheriff (npc)and his deputy's (ps's)... not part of the military more a part of the town law... there is a 1st responder but hes not military i think but more a PC in with the NPC group of town guard...

there is a merchants guild or so i have herd and there is a not so secret thief's gilds where i think the only one in its the town NPC nut case... hes not been seen in a wile so he maybe dead ...
i cant think of any more even if there is and i have only been playing for 2 years so who knows...

kittenpunk2 said:
wolfan said:

In SF there is a group that gambles every chance they get and the "leader" of this informal group always bring up his dice or cards and comes up with games that never seems to have the same rules twice... kind of fun to play just to wast time waiting for logistics to not be so backed up... but not think ill ever see a day where the house is not the winner in the end.

EricMarsters said:
Well, there's the House of Games in Traverse City...

Well, looks like I'll have to plan some trips...Ran might have to leave his little island. :lol:

Back