What race should I be?

Here is a picture of me you tell me
me_for_a_forum_by_succubusqueen100591-d3d8sfn.jpg

uh, I'd say check out the rule book and pick something that makes you happy. There are no appearance restrictions on races except costuming restrictions. There are tall and skinny dwarves, there are short ogres, anything you can imagine. Find something you like and go with it. :lol:

Usually, when people are trying to decide on the race for their first character, I ask them how much make-up/costuming they're willing to deal with.

The requirements range from full-make-up (covering every bit of exposed skin with color) to just hair/ear prosthetics (beards/sideburns or pointy ears) to just costuming (furs/leathers or bright clothing) to no requirements at all. That's how I decided to be a Dwarf in a group of High Orcs...I can't stand putting on that make-up!

-Luke

as they pointed out, it will be up to you.

Elves tend to be popular...low makeup requirements, ears, and not much else needed.
If makeup doesn't scare you...sarr, kyn, and ogres have high makeup requirements, prosthetic, the whole she-bang.

Thanks everyone! I now am wondering is there another animal like race? I already know about Sarrs.

Blong100591 said:
Thanks everyone! I now am wondering is there another animal like race? I already know about Sarrs.

Wylderkyn covers the others....so you have Wolf-kyn, Hyena-kyn, Asp-kyn, etc.

SkollWolfrun said:
Blong100591 said:

Wylderkyn covers the others....so you have Wolf-kyn, Hyena-kyn, Asp-kyn, etc.
I really need to get the Rule book -sighes-

another thing to think about is the role play, while the races arn't a concrete you have to be exactly like this (but their are some things you do have to be like i.e. mystic wood elves hating slavery, stone elves showing no emotion unless you want to cause yourself much pain) what race you are can really help with creating an interesting character.

if your not much of an actor you should choose a race that best fits who you are and just add little quirks here and there to make it more fun. but if your someone who has been in theater or done roleplaying before just come up with something you think would be fun.

it will be alot easyer to choose once you've read through the rules, but a wylderkin is a good choice, and you can do any real world animal you like (for the most part) so you could be your favorite animal or maybe one few have heard of before. and actually what will be cool is there are alot of people who are planning on making kin in seattle, me and Sean are making wolfkin, Joe and i think Roy also are making hyenakin. and i heard they also recently got some other kin as well (one being a raccoonkin) so you'd have plenty of kin to interact with or run away from :sweat: it may be wise to be higher up in the food chain hahaha :lol:

You also get to do a full character rewrite after your first game. So if you decide to go heavy make-up race and are miserable you can change races before your next game. Class :D too, for that matter.

Blong100591 said:
Be hold I Have my RACE!!!! I will be of Sarr!

oh crud another Sarr who might chase my wolkfin around... lol anyways

i'm surprised you've decided so soon what you want to be, then again i've been planing on playing a wolfkin since i first read the rule book, (but my other 2 PC ideas have been BIG temptation to make my first character.) i guess some races really appeal to some people.

well the ears i have made look like fox too so if anyone wants me to be part of there clan i will and another thing, My character is quiet unless she needs to talk.

In the sense of a appendage/weapon lol Roo tails are amazingly strong an do a lot a damage when you get smacked with it while the kangaroo whips around real quick! So I'm trying to design a functioning tail piece that not olny looks good but can be used for Verry basic support an a possible natural bludgeon weapon I don't know but like I said still in design process lol i know staff/marshals will have to check it out an clear it but I'm confident in my boffersmithing abilities ¦)

We would be happy to accept it for use by monster camp if it works out, but be aware that it could not be used by pcs. :) The rules do not allow for player characters to gain a third appendage with which they may fight, unfortunately.

Back