Wheel of Time for sale

BtB

Spellsword
Young Masters and Mistresses,

I represent a seller who wishes to remain unanimous, I am selling a permanence catalyst on their behalf. I will accept private bids through pigeon and post here the current bid. The seller has offered me a 10% commission and has stated that I too may bid on the catalyst. All bids are confidential and the seller will remain confidential as well. If you have something you would like to sell, please consider using my services.

I will personally start the bidding off at 50 gold for this particular item. I hope to have more items to auction/sell in the near future.

Many blessings,
BtB

Just to clarify, this catalyst is good for another 4 and a half years.

It should be good forever.

Catalysts, to my knowledge, do not expire.

-Tieran

I am just going by what the seller has told me. The catalyst seems to grow more fragile with age. (oog at least one chapter owner has confirmed that catalysts do have a five year expiration, I do not have the catalyst so I can not confirm it with my own two eyes)

Looks like my bid at 50 gold still stands.

Many blessings

A higher power has made it known to me that catalysts never lose their potency, so fear not.

A new high bid of 60 gold has been entered

On my own behalf I would like to bid

75 gold

I can't speak for others, but I find it quite unfair to bid against someone who has a stake in the profit. If I was to bid 100, i'd have to pay 100, if you bid 100, you only really are bidding 90... plus, who's to say you're not just gonna up the bid hoping someone else will outbid you.

-Redcloud

Well Young Master,

I counter with, how fair would it be if I were not allowed the opportunity to bid on this item? I would not have taken the commission to sell if I would not have a chance to buy such a sought after item. I am an honest and forthwith merchant and I at least had the decency to make this transaction as transparent as possible, I could have just did the auction and not mentioned that I was getting a commission and kept bidding in secret. Further I would ask, what difference to you? If you were to bid 100 gold and win, I would receive my 10 gold commission, the seller still receives 90 gold. Obviously the seller understands this and it is theirs to sell, if you do not like the terms then read no further. If you care to enter a bid then do so.

Now if you are accusing me of driving up the price just to drive up the price, well that impinges upon my honor and I would have you apologize or I would seek satisfaction. I am an honest merchant and the Royal Blacksmith to no less than his Majesty King Daefell, many from lands near and far will voucher for my integrity and honesty. I can not say that I am familiar with you or your name. I know exactly what I am willing to pay for the item and currently I hold the high bid, this is how an auction works.

Till then, I say GOOD DAY SIR!
Bob the Blacksmith

Redcloud-

I for one would just ignore him.

-T

Uttering slander and then ignoring someone is bad form. I only seek to uphold my reputation as a true and honest merchant. I have done nothing untoward and have made the process as transparent as possible while protecting my clients wish to be anonymous. I truly only seek what is owed, an apology. By the beards of my ancestors I will not be called dishonest!

Many blessings,
Bob the Blacksmith

BtB said:
Uttering slander and then ignoring someone is bad form. I only seek to uphold my reputation as a true and honest merchant. I have done nothing untoward and have made the process as transparent as possible while protecting my clients wish to be anonymous. I truly only seek what is owed, an apology. By the beards of my ancestors I will not be called dishonest!

Many blessings,
Bob the Blacksmith

Bob,

To those who know you, know you don't cheat your customers. Don't worry about dreams from far off lands - worry about those who would hand you coin! :)

Deputy Garmok Stoneskull Rockfist

Master Redcloud,

Pray, hold your squirrelly wrath. You are questioning the integrity of one who is known and loved in our lands for his honest dealings and upright character. I would recommend reserving judgment until you have firsthand knowledge, and in the meantime apologizing for your hasty words. Lest you find yourself in deeper waters than you can well navigate.

Naie a Kassill
House of Games

Its not a matter of honesty Naie.

Its a matter of one bidder getting a 10% discount on the bidding.

Clearly, this gives him an advantage over other bidders.

-Tieran

I am supprized that the "annonymous" seller wouldnt change it so that he pays full price if he gets it. Incentive to sell it as fair as possible then, but the deal has been made so what can you do after the fact?

Bart

Just to quell any more inane chatter about driving up the price and my unfair advantages my maximum bid is 100 gold. Yes, this means should I get the item the seller will only get 90 gold from me. The seller entered into a contract and those were the terms. I will not bid any higher than 100 gold, so if someone goes over that the point is MOOT. If no one bids over that the seller will receive their 90 gold and count themselves as blessed for dealing with me since the last highest bid by any other was only 60 gold. So the only one who could possibly be upset is someone that feels they should get the wheel for 91 to 99 gold. The seller would like to close the auction within the week.

Many blessings,
Bob the Blacksmith

I for one fail to see where the "unfair advantage" is. Master Bob is not being given a discount on the price, if he should win the bid. He is being paid for his services in running the auction, as well as for his reputation for honest dealings. For a merchant's reputation is worth gold if it be a good one, and anyone contracting services with one such expects to pay a bit more for that assurance of fair dealings. Look at it this way. If Bob wins the bid for 100G, he then hands 100G to the owner, who then pays him his commission. If someone else wins the bid, Bob still gets his commission. This is business. It matters not who buys the item, as long as the agreed upon price is delivered. Indeed, Bob could have had another person bid for him, but he chose to do so publically and upfront because that is the standard of honesty that he holds himself to. When you who are calling "foul" have established such a reputation for yourselves and gone into business as a merchant, then speak.

Naie a Kassill
Member House of Games

Heres' and idea, if you are not bidding on it, Shut Up! What does it mater to you any how, are you his merchant guild master or perhaps his mommy? If you find it unfair, go suck a goat bladder and leave Bob to his dealings. You always have the option to not bid. Also the option to not respond, both of which you should do.

V Im Dioa

bob.
it is not an unfair advantage. just cause a couple of blow hards not of these lands or any near here say it is.
those who know you know your honesty. those that don't, wish you where not as honest. cause they lack the ability to be. And lack the pleasure to know anyone as honest as you.

So. I sleep and ponder why would someone outside of these lands even care. then i realize. redcloud either has nothing better to do, or has an intrest in discrediting you as the forbidable merchant you are. if the ladder is true. then redcloud is probably just tired of liveing under your shadow. and wishes to be the greatest merchant in all the mists. but untell bob perms. that will never happen. And as long as i live. bob will never perm. Tieran is a different story. alot harder to guess as to his motives. Tieran starts by clearing up a clerical error. but then after redclouds protest. jumps on the flameing wagon. So are his motives the same as redclouds or defence of his friend? Or better yet, defence of his enemy to gain favor from him? ehhh. either way neither of you matter. take V Im's advice and turn the flameing wagon around.

Young Masters and Mistresses,

Many thanks for your bids, this auction is now closed.

Bob the Blacksmith

Back