Where do i start?

First, where do you live? Find the nearest chapter or chapter closest to where you are most likely to play. There is a section on these boards for each chapter. Introduce yourself there to get to know the people you'll actually be playing with. Each chapter has its own flavor and background. Each chapter will also have one or more staff dedicated to helping out new players (among other duties). You can usually find that info on the chapter's homepage or somewhere on their board.

Second, purchase and read the rulebook for the best initial understanding of how this all works, what you'd like to do, and how best to do it. You can buy the electronic version for $5 or less and there is also a print copy available to order from amazon and other book sellers. The link is on here somewhere, or a nice person could post it below this post. :)

Then ask questions on here and get into the game! There is a little bit of a learning curve, but have an open mind and don't be afraid to make mistakes or ask questions (I officially just started playing this 2010 season). Welcome to the Alliance!

Note: We are closing in the on "off-season" as most LARP events happen between Spring and Fall, but some chapters also hold winter events. However, many "behind-the-scenes" things happen during the winter such as prop and costume making, and depending on the needs of your chapter, you could still create a character and start donating for goblin points now, which could be converted to build points, so your character starts out with a few more skills/levels next spring. That last sentence will make more sense the more you learn about the game.

Welcome again!

OrcFighterFTW said:
Note: We are closing in the on "off-season" as most LARP events happen between Spring and Fall, but some chapters also hold winter events. However, many "behind-the-scenes" things happen during the winter such as prop and costume making, and depending on the needs of your chapter, you could still create a character and start donating for goblin points now, which could be converted to build points, so your character starts out with a few more skills/levels next spring. That last sentence will make more sense the more you learn about the game.

Double Note: That's mostly for the chapters east of the Rockies. The west coast chapters tend not to have much of an "off" season. Seattle is particularly famous for its February 3-day event over Presidents weekend.

ohio also runs all months but november and december(and in ohio weather haha). Mainly dont do those months due to the holidays, since january is usually colder than december here, and we run a january event.

Agahi said:
ohio also runs all months but november and december(and in ohio weather haha). Mainly dont do those months due to the holidays, since january is usually colder than december here, and we run a january event.

I didn't think that they ran in February... or do they??

hmm you are right, mind slip I suppose. Dunno if we are this year, schedule isnt up yet.

Back