Who is in charge around here?

Mathis

Scholar
An open letter to the persons who posted laws in the tavern in Prath-Moore (I think that is the name of the town)

I apologize in advanced for my ignorance, but who is in charge of this town? I have seen dwarves who run an earth guild, though the only person I've seen them heal was a bandit who was then set free to continue his evil ways. Then there was a stone elf who apparently has the rights to a celestial guild, but I've been told that if he can hear me from his tower then I'm to close and he may attack me. Finally I was told there is a magistrate but I apparently completely missed him all together. I appreciate that the local people want some aid in their problems and have opened their doors to adventurers, however I am retired now and I am curious who I need to speak with about day to day issues of the town. For example, who would I speak with about forming a guild, constructing an extended circle or ward, tell of an impending doom, or simply direct a passing farmer toward so they can report the state of the roads? Having been an adventurer for some time I've found that knowing who is the contact person often solves or defuses issues that can get out of hand very quickly. They can also be handy when you need to organize people to prevent innocents from coming to harm. Also it helps to have someone who everyone talks to so that if a new traveler has questions someone can help them out. Along with this first question is a quick follow up, is Prath-Moore the name of the town? It's on the newspaper so that is what I'm using but I'm not certain. If there is anyone who can help me out please feel free to leave me a message or just find me in town at the next gathering. I'll be the retired adventurer in green and black.

With the best regards,

Mathis Lumdelaforte
Order of the Emerald Flame

To the new adventurers in the lands of Bel’Aroth,

I do apologize for any confusion that you ran into during this past weekend. Please allow me to clear up what I can.

First, my name is Granger. I am the writer, editor, and publisher of the Prath-Moore Gazette. I am now also the newly appointed Prath-Moore Community Relations Representative. I will be doing my best to answer any and all questions you may have about the areas surrounding the town of Prath-Moore, and also about the peoples residing in the lands of Bel’Aroth.

First things first, the name of the town you(adventurers) are staying in when visiting these lands is called Prath-Moore. It is so named for the two human men that were contracted by the dwarves to build suitable structures for shelter for people visiting these lands.

The Celestial Guild is run by Cyrus. Cyrus is an ***. Cyrus has forever been an ***. Cyrus will forever be an ***. I do wish the dwarves would have appointed me sooner, maybe I could have spared you a meeting with him. He has been in charge of “The Tower of Power” for over 400 hundred years. The tower, officially named Bal’Arok, gets its nickname for the astounding amount of formal magic cast therein. Cyrus himself, while being one of the most unpleasant individuals in Bel’Aroth, is a great guild master. He has done wonderful things, and sacrificed much for these lands.
Any persons wishing to purchase goods or services(formal scrolls, spell scrolls, formal casting, items, etc.) from the Tower of Bal’Arok should do so through an appropriate agent of the Merchants Guild of Bel’Aroth.
I am quite sure that Cyrus would never attack an adventurer, for any reason. He is old, grumpy, and best when taken in small doses.

The Relgar Outpost lies to the southeast, and houses the Myara-Ti. The Myara-Ti are the investigators of crimes, and the enforcers of the laws within the lands of Bel’Aroth.
The Myara-Ti are overseen by a stone elf named Clarion Arthatas. He created, and has held the position of Magistrate of these lands for over 500 years. Clarion Arthatas is a kind, patient, and understanding individual. Though at times he may seem hard, or cruel, he has a very important job to do, and he takes it very seriously.
Any and all illegal activity, or complaints should be made in person at the Relgar Outpost.

The Dwarves of Bel’Grandur, in the Talongrasp mountains have, after a significant period of time opened their lands to adventuring types. I am told they have done this in the interest of commerce. The town of Prath-Moore was contracted, and constructed for you, the adventurer, to use as a home away from home while here to do what ever it is that you do. An earth circle, and a celestial circle were both purchased and erected in the town for your use, compliments of the dwarves.

I hope that I was able to clear up some confusion for you. If you have any other questions in regard to the lands of Bel’Aroth, or its peoples, please do not hesitate to ask.

-Granger
Community Relations representitive

Goodman Granger-

Thank you for your prompt reply. That certainly answers most of my immediate questions. I presume that we will see more of you in the coming months so I'll save anything further for a personal meeting. I certainly feel better about this town now that I know that someone runs the place and it isn't just an excuse to put a lot of adventures together to cull the herd.

With the best of regards

Mathis Lumdelaforte

Goodman Granger,

Mathis beat me to the punch on this one. I share his sentiment with thanks to your prompt reply, I hope that we will see much of you in the future. May we as adventures ask further questions of you regarding simple things like those Mathis asked? Thank you Goodman Granger.

Liddia FallingStar

Mr. Granger,

To say the least, I am impressed by your eloquence. Few people can so artfully spin such a horrible situation. Your work was cut out for you and you did a commendable job. I find it unsurprising, to say the least, that these stalwart individuals you have so skillfully portrayed had to hire a publicist to salvage what little respect they might still in our hearts. From the way these choice gentlemen went about town systematically destroying any bit of good will we might have had for your community, it's peoples, or the problems that plague them, I am inclined to believe that you are either being payed very handsomely to lie to us, or you are, in fact, naive to their true nature. No matter the truth behind your motives, you have failed in your attempt to make us stay. This conversation is too little, too late.

I am surprised that you neglected to even mention Ms. Muttonchops the Earth Guild Mistress. Perhaps she's even worse than we initially believed. Is her incompetence so horrendous even your spin skills will not do? I find it hard to fathom that you can get much worse than bringing up charges on those of us who tried diligently to help you with your rampant bandit problem. Did you yourself not write about that in the last issue of The Gazette? Please inform the Guildmistress that her "people" are being killed and stolen from by a group of blatant individuals, and if she wants to continue portraying the image of someone who cares, she should let us continue to do her job for her.

So go and tell your motley crew of representatives that we won't be returning to their small, out of the way town. We won't be bringing your "Tower of Power" copious amounts of business from all of the resources we would have used defending your town, which I'm surprised was staying afloat without one single adventurer to sell to. We won't be able to take care of that Banshee problem for the Myara-Ti, though it shocks me that they haven't found the time to take care of it themselves for over 100 years. Please tell the two major merchant companies that they need no longer send their people into guilt us for not destroying a Banshee that they have failed to destroy for the last century. No no, Mr. Granger, I understand; we, who have been in your town for less than one full marketday, should have dealt with a 10 foot Ever-font of Death magics and her Spectre crony, who is capable of making each and every last one of useless with only one strike from behind. How could I ever have thought otherwise?

I digress, however. My group, Ordo Tempestus, and I will not be returning. You have lost five of your most powerful allies due to your established leader's inability to simply be cordial. What reason have we been given to return to your establishment, Mr. Granger? You've spent your time here on this tree telling us how the uncouth fellows we’ve already met have their merits, yet have chosen to completely ignore the implications that they don’t want us here. I understand why, though I think it is dishonest to do so, especially when you lace your post with an honest, friendly tone. The truth behind the matter is they don’t want us here. They’d much rather you close the town and send us back to our homes. To be honest, I think that’s the wisest decision. If you and your people can’t come together to deal with the multitude of issues that face your territory, I shudder to think what will happen if powerful people such as myself, my group, or any other meddling adventurers (which is apparently redundant in many peoples eyes) continue to stay in your town.

If anyone else would like to join my group and I as we travel back to our real homes, feel free to let us know. Our homes might be overrun with Void, but at least the nobles I’ve met thank me for defending their lands and peoples.

A. Runebeard
Ordo Tempestus

For the record-

I am neither meddling nor an adventurer.

More to the point, I think what Granger was trying to imply is that while our initial introduction to the people of this humble berg was less than cordial the overwhelming sentiment is that having adventurers around is a good thing. Ashnar, (apologizes if I've misspelled your name) I wish you well on your travels. When you discover that the land you call home is uninhabitable I do hope you'll come back around, these other people are far to busy rushing around trying to save the town to get a really good pot going. Fair thee well gentlemen, may your path be filled with unusually wealthy monsters and may you rarely suffer the fate of having to double a pot.

Mathis Lumdelaforte

A misunderstanding, it seems...

Travelers,

A horrible situation is right, but let me tell you, my friends, you have no idea!

First, I understand your frustration. It was my intention to welcome you into Prath-Moore during the weekend. Bel’Grandur was assaulted Friday night by Void, and I understand, so was Prath-Moore. When we tried to use the Wayfarer Stone to travel to Prath-Moore we found ourselves in an unfamiliar place. The code we used to travel back to Bel’Grandur didn’t work either. I would tell you my tale at another time, sitting by the fire, but we were held up and only recently made our way back after having our spirits weakened. On a positive note, I now know the proper codes to use and I will gladly show all the sequence for successful travel to Prath-Moore, and a few other places to avoid.

I have spoken with Verna of the Order of the Broken Shield, and understand that our arrival was pending the official welcome. While I can understand your initial impressions, it’s clear that we’ve gotten off on the wrong foot. I am eager to change this. I am dedicated to rebuilding this area, and your presence is not only desired, but greatly needed. I wish things had gone differently.

Having so stated that we are too late in our welcoming for some, I can only apologize. As adventurers, I would hope that you can understand that things don’t always go as planned. It disheartens me to read the words of Goodman Runebeard and to know that the opinions carried off to other lands are negative and so greatly misconstrued of who we are and what I stand for. I fully understand how and why this has happened, and I agree, a horrible situation, indeed.

Those that are leaving, I humbly ask you to stay. I will gladly supply you with the component to leave the lands if you feel the same after meeting, at least for me to give my apology to in person.

Regards,

Norana Stoneshield
Clan Stoneshield, Bel’Aroth Council of Thane Norin

I don't usually like nosing around these dreamscapes, but here goes...

I have chosen these lands as a recreation spot. There are fun people to gamble with, good food, and organizations that will pay me well to perform time-saving formal magic tasks. I like it here.

However, I have a bit of a problem:

There is a 10 foot tall banshee that appears on a regular basis in the area. I find this unacceptable, but am unable to remedy the situation personally due to various rules of my station.

I am willing to sweeten the pot for those involved in taking care of this annoyance for me.

Aethan Lordes

Ah chance ta help da peoples of fortanish.
A path ta break da hunters curse.
A way ta stand in battle bathed in moonlight and da shadows of my childhood heroes.

and ah git ta kill an undead while doin it?

I'll be dere to see wut ah kin do.

Jehan Wyldweaver

Master Granger,

As someone who is traveling to your town I have been most interested in the experiences of those who have visited. Much appreciation for your comments on the local organizations! Can you perhaps enlighten me as to the more recent goings on? Or do you have a historian who could speak to both ancient and recent events?

I understand there is a banshee causing problems. I have never encountered one such but I think several members of our party have and will be glad to be of assistance. For me, I only hope to stay alive. If I am able to help I will do so gladly, but though I can handle a sword, my skills lie more in healing. Still, we all do what we can and hope it suffices.

I am also a seamstress by trade. I will have on me several examples of my work should anyone be interested. Most recently I have been making pouches for the citizens of Horn's End. Truely, they are an excellent quality and in great demand. Should anyone desire, I will be most glad to show my wares.

~Naie a Kassill~

Jehan,

It will be good to see you again my friend.

Naie

Back