Who's on staff?

jpariury

Duke
Seeing that the other thread was closed, I'm still confused. I see numerous discussions that imply people being on staff, or not, or perhaps on it for a little while, or occasionally helping out, or whatever. Add to that the changing names and all the rest, and I'm lost. (It happens pretty easily, though, so do bear with me.)

There seems to be a significant lack of distinction in what constitutes being Staff®, and which people are just volunteers for assorted positions? At the same time, I'm not entirely clear on who is filling in which positions. Rumours abound, and the new website isn't particularly forthcoming with the 411.

The website is currently uner construction. as soon as that is done the staff list will be there. As it stands now-

Administrative staff

Dave Overman - Owner
Amber Wilson - GM
Dan Vandenbroeke - Assistant GM
Brad Lewis- Head of Logistics
Eric Echelbarger - On site logistics
Bryan Gregory - Head of rules

Plot Staff

Nick Bond - head of plot
Holly Oostman - plot member
Nick Brewer - plot member
Gideon - plot member
Phil Tatro - Gameday plot
Cassandra Mosselle - World plot, Gameday plot

Volunteer positions
Crystal - PR, logistics assistance
Matt Oostaman - event site coordinator

Thank you very much for the new list.

Dave said:
The staff has not changed since we last had this discussion.
It seems that the quoted statement is untrue. The PM conversation response you'd sent back in October of last year was as follows: "As to what constitutes "staff," this is defined as: plot commitee, GM, Owner, and head of rules." This didn't include the two Logistics positions or an assistant GM position. And, obviously, didn't really tell me who are currently in the assorted positions. Too often I'm in conversations that go "Well, so-and-so is Head of Things Beginning With Q" only to have s-and-so turn around and claim that it was news to them, or they'd quit. Keeping a running tally keeps us peons in the loop on who is responsible for what, and keeps us from lumping praise and blame on people that don't deserve it.

Presumably, marshals are also considered to be in volunteer positions as well, yes?

Solved. Any Forum Moderator can update it as it changes.

jpariury said:
Presumably, marshals are also considered to be in volunteer positions as well, yes?

I believe the intended difference is Voulenteer Staff positions are somewhat commision based... results lead to goblin stamps, or somesuch. When something in X related field needs done, these people have said that they're okay with working on X field stuff.

jpariury said:
Brad Lewis said:
I believe the intended difference is Voulenteer Staff positions are somewhat commision based...
And marshals are salaried?

Uh huh. However, since they're appointed by the Head of Rules, essentially, they aren't Staff in the traditional usage of the word. Every other staff position is appointed by Dave/OwnerGuy. Thus, by the fact that Dave does not appoint the Marshals, they wouldn't qualify as "Staff" by that line of thought.

Plot team other than Head of Plot is assigned by Head of Plot, though, so that logic doesn't work. You fail. Go to the back of the class and wear the pointy hat. ;)

Oh, and marshals are "paid" per event, so they're not really salaried. They're just rewarded on a per-case basis.

jpariury said:
Plot team other than Head of Plot is assigned by Head of Plot, though, so that logic doesn't work. You fail. Go to the back of the class and wear the pointy hat. ;)

Oh, and marshals are "paid" per event, so they're not really salaried. They're just rewarded on a per-case basis.

Other than the fact that you're wrong due to the fact that we've got at least a few people on Plot related positions (Cassandra and Phil come to mind), I agree.

I trust you can find the hat and stool in the back?

Back