Wild Rose Adventuring and Trading Company

Phabo

Greetings from West,
My name is Wild Rose, I am a trader of sorts and owner of a company. I have traveled to this Kingdom in search of trade and much adventure—which I am new to. I and my companions sell many items. I myself work with leather and can make pouches, etc. Additionally, I work with wood making simple items—like, possibly, wands. One of my companions works with wire, twisting it into beautiful rings. Another one has become rather good at brewing drinks, his name is Eelios Gulper. He plans to sell his drink by the cup, so be looking for that here soon, though he can explain in better detail than I. He is also quite adept at sailing. Along with his drinks, I have found my hand making candies and sweets to sell.
I have seen there is a Merchant Guild here, I have no intent to encroach on their territory nor do I claim to be part of such a guild. I am merely a Traveller finding my way through Terna.

I have a few questions, though I have read the local laws and brief history.

1. Does one have to acquire a permit to sell with in the lands of Wayside, I do not wish to anger or call the wrath of the law upon myself and my crew.
  2. Who might I talk to about possible patronage and other services within the courts of Wayside.
  3. What are the people of Wayside Kingdom like, for I wish to learn more about my market.

Along with such questions, I wish to know more about the people who I might be working with when I "set up shop", as the humans say.

If any service might be required from local officials or other citizens, please call upon myself and my compatriots. I would also like to add, I have begun to try my skills at engineering—both civil and combat—so I was wondering if there was any need for such things. We call ourselves The Wild Rose Adventuring and Trading Company, colors are blue like the cool water and pink like a lovely rose.
I do many things and am always looking for things to do for people.

Please feel free to ask questions about my business.

Wild Rose

May the sun watch your backs and the moon your dreams.

Well Met Wild Rose!

Nothing wrong with a little bit O' competition in Wayside for new ventures. As part of The McNulty Group, a long standing merchant company within Wayside's Western region, I should be able to answer some of your questions for you.

1. No permit required. Of course, selling of goods does need to be taxed and sent to the Kingdom, but that's typically done at the beginning of the year over the Winter months, and isn't a big deal. If you wish to build/buy a building, then of course you'll need to speak to the local athorities to have that approved as the land is owned by them, unless you're given a deed to your own plot of land. Westhaven has been a booming place since the Adventurers moved in. Trade has been good, and The Flaming Skull seems to be a hoping place as of late; plus each market they bring their wares directly into Westhaven's center. However, there is always more room for new drinks, new commerce. You can go directly to Fairfax Manor to request such a permit if you so desire.

2. Here in Buckland, you have the Duchess Neheris Fairfax who oversees this region of Wayside. Under her are the 3 Barons, and various Knights and Lords. There are plenty to seek patronage with, if that is what you seek, and I'm sure for your assistance in various matters, they can supply any neccessary start up resources. Again, Fairfax Manor would be a good place to start, otherwise you can go to Holt and speak to Baron Eren Davis.

3. As for the people, well it's pretty diverse. Industry is booming, trade is good, and the more contacts you make the better. Some deal with land trade, others with sea. It's up to you to figure out distribution and how you want to go about everything. Find what the people want, and sell it to them! That's the McNulty way!

As a last bit of free advice, The Guilds of Terna are great places to expand your knowledge and hone your crafts. The Celestial Guild works with magic of the stars, and histories of the land; while the Earth Guild is split into 4 branches: Healers, Guardians of the Light, Potions and Non-Magical Pursuits and Formal Research and Development.

Good luck, and just remember, when you needed some advice, the McNulty Group provided it. Perhaps we can do business in the future!

Regards,
Shamus McNulty

McNulty,
I very much appreciate your knowledge and wisdom that you have shared with me. Venturing into new, somewhat unknown lands, proves difficult when trying to set up a business.
I do hope that we may talk in the near future when many people are gathered together, so we might further discuss the area.

Signed,
Wild Rose

Last edited:
Wild Rose,

Welcome to town! When you're in Westhaven, come seek me out, if you're in need of services from the Earth Guild.

Circle Master Eric Marsters
Circle Master of Fairfax
Greater Earth Guild of Terna

Marsters
I will certainly make rounds to all the guilds at one point or another.

Wild Rose

Wild Rose,

On behalf of the Company, I bid you welcome! If you are interested, you should stop by the Flaming Skull sometime and we can get to know each other. That's one of the taverns in town and, as it happens, owned and operated by my guild leader. Should be fun getting to know the competition!

~Terra Jane

Wild Rose,

It is good to hear that more adventures are coming to this land. If you and your trading company are looking for adventure and some trade you are coming to the right place. We have several trading and merchant groups already established, but as the old "human" saying goes. "The more the merrier".
If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

As Mr. McNulty stated, we have several branches of the Earth Guild, as well as the Celestial Guild, and a Merchants Guild.

If you have any questions or need any advise, feel free to contact me privately.

Squire Foss Siril of Wayside

Sayyid Siril y Sayyida Jane,

Thank you for the warm welcome

Sayyida Jane,
I'm sure my employees will frequent such an establishment as the Flaming Skull. I will be looking to meet with the local merchants and guilds. I would love to sit and talk with you and your guild friends and discuss many things.

Sayyid Siril,
I may take you up on the offer so keep a look out for pigeons I may send you.

Hello Wild Rose,
I would like to welcome you and your company on behalf of the Fairfax Merchant’s Guild. I only just returned to Wayside from some handling some of the Guilds trade. I feel that your trades would be a welcome addition to Wayside, Westhaven and our guild. When you are in Westhaven please seek me out at my shop the Scrolled Adventure in the Merchant’s quarter and we can talk more. However to enter the Guild you would need to speak with Sam Gemclipper the Guild Master. Also if you are not looking to set up permanently in Westhaven we will be hosting regular Farmer Market that you could try to sell your wears.
~Capitian Aramis Seablade scroll maker

Juundi Seablade,

I appreciate the warm welcome from you—and everyone else for that matter. I will seek you out to talk to you and the guild master. However, I do not wish to offend when I say that I do not wish to join any such guild in the near future. I started my company to become self-reliant, I do not wish to have to follow a chain of command, as it is said. That being said, I do hope that there are possible business ventures that we may cooperate in. If my skills are needed I am always happy to help—for the right price—and I would never turn away from someone in need.

Setting up a permanent residence may not be in the best interest for me and my employees, though we do plan to come regularly to markets.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me privately or here. I wish to entertain any thoughts, comments, concerns, or questions from any adventurer or other person of these lands.

Wild Rose
Owner of the Wild Rose Adventuring and Trading Company

Back