Wilderkyn

Im new to LARP and desided to play as a wilderkyn. I was wondering if my whole face and body have to be painted as my animal? I do plan on having some makeup on as her but I would rather not be covered in it..
Thank you!

generally speaking, any exposed skin needs to painted. Alot of people get body suits or such so they dont have to paint every bit of skin.

Gloves, long-sleeves, pants, tights (one can get a lot of distance out of oddly colours tights) can also suffice to cover skin. The idea is to have as little 'reality' intruding into your Kin costume as possible.

¿What kind of animal are you looking to be? People might have good species-specific tidbits.

A wolfkin. I know, not too original but that would be my animal of choice. I dont think I could do a bodysuit-summer is comming up and that would be way too hot. All I had planed was some face makeup, ears, and a tail... I could do gloves easily enough though too. I just dont want to start my first event and have people sighing at me for having a lame character so I wanted to know if what I had was okay..

I've painted my arms up for my sarr when it's too warm to leave my sleeves unrolled.

yummiwafflez said:
Im new to LARP and desided to play as a wilderkyn. I was wondering if my whole face and body have to be painted as my animal? I do plan on having some makeup on as her but I would rather not be covered in it..
Thank you!

What type are you looking to play?
I am doing a wolfkin & using a leotard base w/ fur at key points: http://www.theleotard.com/mens_main.htm

Other alternatives I have found are lycra body suits: http://www.lycra-zentai.com/Lycra+Spand ... -1_16.html

They have leopards, snakeskin, stripes, tiger/cat-fur, zebra, or go plain for a base coat.

Thank you so much but I was hoping I could have just my skin thats unpainted D: Which I dont think will work... So Ill start working on a different race character for now.
But again, thank you for the responses!

I play a wolfkin in the summer i wear tight and a thin long sleeve shirt and thin gloves. I have a mask I wear and so i only need to cover my face and neck with makeup.

Ig3UXF3YqrwjFVkMqH9VTSE-5QvGsb0URgafhVlxAa6veYldomUgHy1yK5CVEsh_5folnED0-9NWcUb-jaQxS7tiDLABI80rfuP4lKZWTSVaG8I4NaVghfyl17Fd3VLLUPzwvj_uFkgSwzpfUF2LQCvwTSRAMZnPiQKxLPqlWYC81-RXlg4zACpdlRscRRxwCIXWsuezGJk7nvM3Ia-7Fpf3=s180

...but on your arms. $12.50 at Macys or get a "L'Eggs" for $5 at Walgreen. You can get a dark colour and draw "hair" with a permanent marker to give it texture.

It might not look as impressive as a full cat-suit but it'll cover your skin-tone and let you play your Wolfkin. Later, you can invest more money into something more ostentatious.

while some would go with a full body suit a much cooler and easyer option is to have long pants and a long sleeve shirt. (in period of course) then you would just have to do a tail, ears, maybe a nose if you want too, and makeup for the face and hands. thats what i'm doing except i'm going to have furry arms as well

if your in oregon/seattle you would have 2 other wolfkin to hang out with, both me and Sean are planning wolfkin so having three of us to make a pack would be rather cool :thumbsup:

although i'm still having issues decided on who i want to be my first character...

No, I live in Mineesota but yeah that would be cool :D I desided I'm going to be a woodland elf but I may make a wofkin as my alt later when I have time to make more outfits :p

Back