Winter IBGAs due Jan. 1st

kalindra

Adept
If your character has unfinished business to attend to or something you'd like to research, please send your requests to plot by Jan 1st, 2016.

Send IBGA requests by email to waysideibgas@gmail.com.

As the Winter In Between Game Action covers the time between November to March in game, they are afforded more depth and scope than a standard IBGA. That being said, there is still only so much a person can do on top of their other responsibilities. For the 2016 Winter IBGAs, we are granting the following:
  1. Primary Research Action
  2. Primary Undertaking Action
  3. A single secondary action related to your titles/property or that follows up on a task given by a specific named NPC.
  4. Granted 1 inquiry of knowledge for any single CO you may have in relation to above or separate.
Note the above is for the Winter Policy only, as the normal IBGA policy will change from the 2015 season.

IBGA FAQ:

Q: How detailed should I make my IBGA?

A: For the best responses, please make it something that is actionable by the plot team. When we know what you’re trying to accomplish and what your goals are, that allows us to understand the direction you want us to go with. Remember that Plot controls the world your PC is living in. For example, if you “travel for 5 months helping villagers and getting thanked by them,” that’s telling us the outcome. There is nothing plot can do for that, while at the same time, how do you know they are all thankful? Maybe 4 of the families didn’t want you near them. Now you as a PC ask yourself why the hate? You inquire around to other PCs, do further digging and through communication you learn those families are secret slave traders that don’t want you snooping around.

Q: I have a CO: Drunken Sailor x 33, can I apply that to a Primary Action?

A: Of course! However we’re only allowing 1 CO to benefit an action or ask for general knowledge. Those 33 ranks of Drunken Sailor could be used in getting in close with an underground illegal goblin fighting ring, or has you overhear some evil mastermind’s plan for domination!

Q: I have 10 ranks in CO: Kaz’ik Lore. Tell me everything about him!

A: That’s great: you make 10 silver spreading the tales of The Devourer of Dreams. However, you don’t just KNOW everything. COs aren’t a Dungeons and Dragons skill. It’s a craft you earn money from. However, instead of asking Plot to tell you everything, tell plot what you want to know AND who you’re going to ask. There are a handful of PCs and NPCs who know about that topic, pick one and ask; but be detailed!

Example Winter IBGA:

"Gregory Renaldo Binks III is going to sail around on The Muddy Gipper for the next 5 months trying to build relationships with the Ternian Empire. He knows they put up a wall along the land border, but figures he could still figure out something by way of sea trade. [Primary Undertaking Action & Property Action]

Binks also has no idea what is up with those Undead Bandit Kings and their game they are playing with each other. Seeing as The Guardians of the Light know about undead, maybe they can clue me into the each of the Kings. [Primary Research]. However, as Binks is quite the Bard, he’ll also keep an ear out for anything about them that a guild member would reveal that he isn’t supposed to. [CO: Psychology x1]"

--The above reveals what Binks is intending to do in the Ternian Empire, and what he intends to do some research on with The Earth Guild. Binks knows he isn’t an Earth Guild member, but hopes to use his CO skill to maybe get some information that shouldn’t be revealed to a non-member, or anyone for that matter.--

Please remember to keep your IBGAs short and sweet, a page maximum if anything. There are 4 plot members and 60 PCs, and we want to give you the best quality responses possible. Last Winter we sent out responses with an average of 4 pages of wealth. Our style of responses gives everyone a piece of the puzzle, and it isn’t until you communicate with other PCs that the pieces begin to align and you have a wealth of information to act upon. Alliance is a Player vs. Environment Larp and working together is strongly encouraged. Yes, you can have your own agendas and motivations, but at the end of the day when you’re upon the battlefield under a full moon as a wave of undead descend upon you, know that you aren’t alone: you’re surrounded by dozens of PCs with the same general goal in mind.

Thank you, and we look forward to the 2016 Season!

Alliance Chicago Plot

Sent.

10 days left guys!

sent

Just sent mine in, it was more fun than a root canal! ...which I also did this week.

Most things I imagine are more fun than a root canal ;). Glad you were able to get your tooth fixed.

Amanda

Whoa, look at that, it's ibga deadline day!

;)

It is oh crap, um, um, Enan wants to Twart....um.... Kazzik!...does that count?

Back