With More Regret

Cael Lachdanan, Leader of Oakpalm, fell in the fight against the phoenix, the Heart of the Mountain, in the battle for the preservation of Tarndale. He died free, for the freedom of others. He died as a mystic wood elf, and he died with a strong spirit and a clean heart. He did what others could not, so that others would not have to. What he left behind in hope for others is only overshadowed by the grief of his passing. There are holes in our hearts that can no longer be filled. There are things in our lives that now hold no meaning at all or too much to bear. There are ways that have been blocked to us forever. This is the way of loss.

The funeral will be held at next gathering, though uncertain as to when. The spirit farewell will be a small and private affair. Few have been invited, we hope to keep it small. It will not overlap with Rai Maxvell's spirit farewell.

My condolences to you and yours Shelk. Grief has visited our community much in the last year and more, with many good people and close friends gone to their final rests. Cael was a fine man, and while his death was in the pursuit of a great cause, his absence is sorely felt.

If any wish a safe space to speak in confidence about their feelings regarding Cael's death, I am available most weeks in Landfall, as well as by post or by Dreamscape. Grief is healthy in the face of such dire losses, but isolation is not. It is in sharing the burdens of our lives with each other that we gain the strength to continue living well.

~Sergeant Wisdom
Company of the Broken Chain

Aww...

It seem like all your best warrior' fall lately. Dis am sad ting, but also happy ting. Cuz den Cael join Max in running wit' dah big red bears.

I don' tink I be able to make duh next gathah for der funerals. Can someone tell dem dat I 'preciate dem, and will tell great tales about dem please? And please also tell Cael dat I happy he open his house to me, and give me warm place to stay. And dat I take duh name Max give me. Dose two tings real big tings for me.

Tanks,
Tiktik Little Sharp
Clan Red Paw.

Cael died an honorable death. You should not mourn, but celebrate his life! I will miss him as I would any of my brothers in battle. But I will not mourn his loss. I will instead rejoice that I was able to meet such a fine warrior. His death will be sung for all to hear! I will tell his tale for many seasons to come.

Thousand Bones of the Bleeding Eye
Harkonian Slayer
Phoenix Foe
The Lich Butcher
Executioner of the Heart Drinker
Defiler of Echoes

Cael was a great warrior, a friend, and a good man. I shall miss him deeply and will mourn his passing. The Golden Horn... our lives... will be a darker place without him there... without all of our friends and family that we have lost so recently....

This is sad news I will miss Cael he was a good man.

Vavarick

My heart is broken over the death of Cael. I had never met a person with his integrity and leadership. He welcomed me with open arms not knowing that I had been alone for so many years. I never thought that I would feel such grief again in my life. He was the son I wish that I could have bourn. That I never told him how much he meant to me is a regret that I will carry in my heart forever. I wish that he could have known that my feathers were changing color because of him.

I hold all of the Oakpalms in my heart at this time. You were his chosen companions, and he chose well.

Hava Amalaya

The Earth is without one its champions. Like Maxvell and Virid before him, Cael helped to make this world a better place, and we are poorer for his loss. It is up to us to pick up the slack that is left behind. Each of us is put on this plane and charged to help make it better than before, those who have gone before have done what they could, but the job is never finished.

I regret that Cael and I did not part on the best of terms, but we were still friends and friendship is not over with one disagreement. I mourn his death, but I would not trade this pain for missing the chance to know him.

Shelk, and the other members of Oakpalm: I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that I consider you all friends and am here if you need anything.

I hardly know what to say... Dra'zen sent me off on a scouting mission and I come back to find him... changed... and two of my trusted companions gone. I mourn deeply for Cael and Maxvell. I have no idea where my life will take me now, especially now that the portal is closed. I have been cut off from my family and my past. I can only hope the rest of Oakpalm allows me to stand by them. Cael, I'll see you again at the feast beyond Death.

Pasca

Last edited:
Cael was a better man than I. He was the type of man that men like me try to make a future for. I will miss Cael and we can all learn a thing or two from his sacrifice.
Shelk, though no one can replace Cael, know that you're family and you will never be alone again.
-Alcandar

*Demona reads this, and her face darkens. She seems to mumble something to herself, as tears streak her face while she scuffles away*

Back