Wooden armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom

Scout
Wooden armor is clearly listed in the rule book as something that will be awarded 1 point of armor per location. However, non-metallic plate is also listed under what could be awarded 2 points per location.

My question is, as an armor marshal, would you award 1 or 2 points to somebody with a wooden breastplate? Or wooden scale maille for that matter as metallic scale would be awarded 3 points?

My understanding of the non-metallic plate rule was that it was intended for plate made of materials such as thermoplast. That brings up another question. Would you award 1 or 2 points to a player wearing plastic plate armor painted to look like wood?

Thanks.

I'd accept wood plate for 2 per, non-metal means non-metal to my mind.

Wooden chain or scale I'd have to give 1. (if the wooden scale is on a leather or chain base I'd go with the base material's armor value if better than 1)

Plastic plate would get 2 regardless of paint job as it falls in the Non-metal category no matter what it's made of. I'd be looking to see if it looks in period/genre in that case (if you show up with a Darth Vader chestplate I'd disallow it because it's not in-genre even if it technically could be considered non-metallic plate)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your best general answer for this is: Base-by-case basis, based on marshal discretion and any chapter-specific guidelines that may be in place.

I might follow Toddo's answer, or I might not. I'd have to see (and feel) the armor to properly evaluate it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back