Workshops

Thorgrim

Artisan
I was just wondering how workshops for increasing production are acquired in game and generally how much they cost. The rule book doesn't give a lot of information on this. Thanks.

Workshops are 10 gold each. (I say each, because workshops are specific to a function. A potion-making workshop can't be used for blacksmithing, for example.) Workshops are also regionally located. If you buy a workshop in New Acarthia, for example, don't expect to be able to use it for production purposes when attending the Tournament in Warchester.

As far as purchasing them, I believe you would simply need to let Logistics know of your intent so they can prepare a workshop tag. Then you'd just need to exchange the gold at check-in for your shiny new workshop tag.

Sorry for the delayed response!

Tyler is right; you simply need to buy a workshop at Logistics. Hand us the 10 gold, we'll hand you a tag, then you should present that tag whenever you are using your workshop in the future.

Thanks for the response. Also I just wanted to verify, if I have 5 points in a production skill that would give me 25 points of production, could I then use a workshop to create an item that requires 50 production points that would normally be outside of my capability without the workshop?

Correct. Workshops double your base production. Using your example, you could make 1 item worth 50 (paying 50 copper). Batching also works off this base, so you could theoretically make 100 production worth of stuff (as long as none of the items are worth more than 50 production points) by paying double-cost for anything past the first 50 production.

Back